Well it’s that time of year again…not back to school, but rather back to learning. This is our 6th year of homeschool and by far the best decision I could ever make for my children. It is a huge sacrifice, but I wouldn’t have it any other way. I am wholeheartedly thankful to be able to not only spend everyday with my girls, but to be a part of every time they learn something new. Everything they have learned thus far has been from me led by the Holy Spirit. Words cannot describe the sense of true accomplishment that comes from this. My heart is filled to overflowing with the love of Christ and how He has truly guided us to and through this journey.
Here’s our homeschool plans for 2014-15
Jada-3rd grade & Jasmine 2nd grade will be using Heart of Dakota – Beyond Little Hearts for His Glory. I have chosen to do this particular HOD instead of Bigger Hearts for His Glory because in times past I have tried to push Jasmine up to where her big sister is, so this time I decided to do a core that can really focus more on Jasmine, yet Jada will be learning as well. The curriculum is for ages 6-8 so Jada is 8, and Jasmine is 6 (almost 7) I really think it will be a great fit.
Jada’s Other Materials
- Heart of Dakata- Drawn into the Heart of Reading Package 2/3
- A Reason for Handwriting, Transition – Worktext (Affiliate link for your convenience) she will be doing the cursive section this year.
- Learn Math Fast volume 1 & 2 (My Review) She started it earlier this year and will be continuing through it.
- Xtra Math (free online)
- Typing- Typing Web (Free Program)
- Jada will also be starting to S.O.A.P /journal through her bible.
- Lots of great new books to read.
Jasmine’s other Materials
- The Reading Game (My Review)
- The Reading Lesson
- Explode the Code 4,5 & 6
- Singapore Math Primary 1B
- Xtra Math (free online)
- Handwriting Without Tears- Printing Power
- Keyboarding Without Tears – Key Power
- She also has lots of great new books to read.
My youngest Jordan is in Pre-K this year…Wow that doesn’t seem possible. She is going to be working through ABC Jesus Loves Me – 4 Year Old curriculum. This is a free online curriculum, but I actually bought the curriculum and the workbook, that way I have most of it in front of me and already printed. So it should be a pretty fun year for her too. I will of course be adding in a few fun things along the way to keep it fun and interesting for her.
What are your plans for the school year? Are you trying something new or sticking with what has worked in the past?
Here are our plans from previous years.
- 2010-2011 plans are posted here.
- 2011-2012 plans are posted here.
- 2012-2013 plans are posted here.
- 2013-2014 plans are posted here.
Latest posts by Forest Rose (see all)
- How to Teach Children the True Meaning of Christmas + 25 Days of Christmas Copywork - December 12, 2017
- 24 Days to a Christ-Centered Christmas Party & $600 PayPal Cash Giveaway - December 1, 2017
- 25 Christ-Centered Christmas Books - November 30, 2017