Science to me can be pretty boring if just taught out of a drab and dreary textbook…yuck! If you are like me you hate teaching boring topics. Besides kids are more apt to learn if they find it interesting and fun. These free Science websites can help make teaching Science in your homeschool, fun and easy.
We got to the point where Science was non-existent in our homeschool days. Until I decided to find a way to slowly add it in again. These free science websites helped me to make it fun and simple. Love these and I hope you do too!
Free Science Websites that Make Learning Fun
- Science Kids – Learn more about the amazing world of science by enjoying our fun science experiments, cool facts, online games, free activities, ideas, lesson plans, photos, quizzes, videos & science fair projects.
- Science Net Links – Multiple Subjects (K-12) Search by type of science and grade level… Amazing Resource!!!
- Science Bob – Easy Science Experiments – Here’s list of great science experiments with easy instructions.
- School of Dragons – Fun and Easy Science Experiments
- Kids Science Challenge – Videos, games, careers, lesson plans…etc.
- Weird Science Kids – Large variety of easy fun cool exciting free science experiments and science demonstration videos that introduce children to the basic concepts of science and how it relates to the environment that
Kids – National Wildlife Federation – Animal Science (K-6)
- Kids – National Geographic – Games, Animals, Photos, Stories and more.
- Science Daily – Latest news, research, headlines and much more.
Fossils-facts-and-Finds.com– Earth Science Archeology, Dinosaurs and Fossils (3-12)
Science Buddies – Experiments (K-12) Hands-on Science Resources for Home and School
GeoSource – Geology (K-5)
PBS Kids – Games (K-6)
MIT Open Courseware – MIT courses (9-12)MIT OpenCourseWare (OCW) is a web-based publication of virtually all MIT course content. OCW is open and available to the world and is a permanent MIT activity. Amazing Resource for High School aged kids.
I. Science MaTe– Multiple Subject Science, Earth Science, Physical Science, Math, Technology Curriculum (K-12)
American Museum of Natural History – Physical Science- Choose an “OLOGY” (K-12)
PBS Kids – SciGirls Projects (K-6)
Sci Jinks– Satellite Earth Science (K-12) It’s all about weather.
The Happy Scientist- Robert Krampf – Free Videos (K-12)
Exploratorium – Virtual Museum (K-12) Websites, Activities and More
Check out this list of 44 Science Kits to add even more learning fun.
Latest posts by Forest Rose (see all)
- Build Character with this Martin Luther King, Jr. Printable Copywork - January 15, 2018
- How to Teach Children the True Meaning of Christmas + 25 Days of Christmas Copywork - December 12, 2017
- 24 Days to a Christ-Centered Christmas Party & $600 PayPal Cash Giveaway - December 1, 2017