Encouragement? No, I don’t need anything. I’m fine. These are some things that I have thought before when I was at my lowest. But, when I drop my guard and open up and listen I always walk away encouraged.
I get it! I do.
But I promise you that even if you feel as though you have lost all hope and cannot imagine a way out of it. God will make one and actually already has a plan in place to pick you up. Like an unexpected text from a mama friend or a random post you read on Facebook. Many, many, MANY times have I had this happen to me and I know immediately that it was put in place by God. Love it!
You CAN do all things through Christ who strengthens you, mama. Really you can. Not by your might but by His power! He will see you through.
Encouragement for the Weary Homeschool Mom
Believe me. I have been there many times as a wife, as a mom, through many tough seasons that I seriously didn’t think I could be a wife, mom, homeschooler, or even get out of bed another day. Seriously, the struggle is REAL.
There are days when I feel like I’m trying to corral a cageful of monkeys…without a cage! (sigh) Actually, as I type this I had one of those days this very day. You know the kind of day where it seemed like all the training and discipline that you’ve done for years just flew out the window? Yep, true story. As you can see, I am not here to say that I have all the answers and in all honesty, I could use some words of encouragement today myself. That’s why I am writing this to remind myself of ways to encourage myself and hopefully it will give you a spark of hope too.
Keepin’ Your Peace When the Wild Monkeys Show Up
1- God is my anchor and keeps me grounded in His amazing peace
When I feel my temperature rising and my ears are hurting from all the screeching, screaming and arguing (I have 3 girls BTW) I call on Jesus. Because no matter what He remains the same. So I draw on the peace of Jesus from within. Sometimes I just go in the bathroom and say Jesus several times until the peace returns. The Joy of Lord is my strength.
2-If you can’t beat em’ join em’
Turn their abundance of (negative) energy into an abundance of (positive) energy. When it gets to the point of what I like to call, “all control lost”, I just start tickling them and playing with them until their little bodies can’t take it anymore. We have a game that we call “Cheese” and in this game, I am the robot that chases them around saying “cheese, cheese, cheese” (cheesy I know) and catch them one by one and put them in the prisoner dungeon (bathroom). They love this game and after this they will usually want to chill and watch a movie or something because they are exhausted. Works every time and takes the negativity right out the air. From me and from them.
Turn up the music and have a dance party. Nothing pushes the blues away faster than music. Music just does something to me. I don’t know it could be me, but I love music! And dancing silly with my girls is a cure-all for a tough day. So turn it up loud and get your groove on. Get silly with it!
4-If at first you don’t succeed just pack up and leave
No, I’m not talking about quitting. I’m talking about changing your surroundings. When things get real crazy or all I am hearing is I’m bored 5,023 times during the day, we simply get in the car and go. Go to the park, zoo, or the library. Nothing is better than an impromptu trip.
Of course in the winter we are minimized to the park, but I’m thinking about getting a membership this year to Science Central for something extra fun I can pull out on the tough days. Sometimes all we need is a change of environment to mellow us out. Because sometimes you just need to get out of the house.
Need More Encouragement?
Well, there’s more! I was thrilled to be a part of 20 Days of Homeschooling Encouragement blog party over at Busy Boys Brigade! Yeah, you probably know Amy right!? She the one who started one of the best facebook groups on the planet called Rock Your Homeschool which was a spin-off of her Rock Your Homeschool Periscope Chat every morning!
Well just in case you happened to miss it, myself and 19 other homeschooling mamas have been rockin’ the encouragement! Check out these amazing posts from some of my favorite homeschool moms and mom bloggers and be encouraged!
Oh and don’t forget to enter the homeschool encouragement giveaway below!
- How To Teach Music (Even If You Don’t Know It Yourself)
- How I Rock My Homeschool As A Work At Home Mom
- How To Create Your Own Perfect Homeschool
- Encouragement For When Homeschooling Is Hard
- Why I Started Over With New Homeschool Curriculum
- Top 3 Things Every Homeschool Mom Needs
- Homeschooling Is Hard (Yet Valuable!) Work
- No More Mommy Guilt & Shame! (That’s Mine)
- Peace Out Of Chaos: Homeschooling Many Littles
- How You Can Homeschool While Working-Finding Balance
- 3 Ps of Homeschool Encouragement for First Time Homeschool Moms
- Help! For The Homeschool Mama With A Struggling Reader
- A Hug for the Special Needs Homeschooler
- Why Focus On Building Relationships In Your Homeschool
- You Can Graduate Your Homeschooler Even When You Have No Idea On How To Do It
- Homeschooling with Abundant Joy When You Want to Quit
- 5 Things You ABSOLUTELY Need To Homeschool
- Knowing You Are Enough: Encouragement For New Homeschoolers
- 5 Secrets To A Happy Homeschool Year
- How To Homeschool Multiple Children Simply and Effectively
And if that’s not enough encouragement for you. Here’s a giveaway! Woot! Who doesn’t love to win stuff right!?
Homeschooling Encouragement Group Giveaway
A group giveaway is an awesome way for bloggers to unite in sharing valuable resources. Also, it is a fun way to become acquainted with new bloggers. So, I encourage you to check out each of these amazing bloggers and subscribe. They are so encouraging! Seriously, Love these ladies!
Here is the list of amazing homeschool bloggers who have contributed to this group giveaway.
- Melissa of Soaring Arrows
- Dachelle of Hide The Chocolate
- Jennifer of Room In The Margins
- Jen of Practical, By Default
- Jessica of Intentional in Life
- Kim of The Learning Hypothesis
- Jenn of Chaotic Bliss Homeschooling
- Amy of Busy Boys Brigade
- Forest of Kingdom First Homeschool (That’s Me!)
The winner will receive over $135 in prizes – including a $60 Amazon Gift Card! Woot! Woot! Yep! Amazon!
Here is a list of the prizes included in our Homeschooling Encouragement Group Giveaway:
Amazon Gift Card for $60
Teaching From Rest by Sarah Mackenzie
A Gracious Space: Winter Edition Digital Version by Julie Bogart
Homeschool Planning Calendar with Quotes + Printable Event Stickers (digital downloads)
Artist’s Loft Fashion Journal
Smitten Book Club (Christian Romance)
Adult Coloring Book + Coloring Pencils
Best STAYcation Ever eBook
Homeschool Planner (digital download)
Exploring Creation Field Trip Journal (Apologia)
The Ultimate Homeschool Planner
(Yes, we are offering a few homeschool planners. This giveaway gives you the chance to
check out a variety & see what works best for your family – or for different years!)
So go ahead and enter this AWESOME group giveaway! You never know…. you might just be the WINNER!!
Latest posts by Forest Rose (see all)
- How to Teach Children the True Meaning of Christmas + 25 Days of Christmas Copywork - December 12, 2017
- 24 Days to a Christ-Centered Christmas Party & $600 PayPal Cash Giveaway - December 1, 2017
- 25 Christ-Centered Christmas Books - November 30, 2017