Yep, it’s that time of year again the dreaded end of summer break. Ball games are winding down to a complete halt, splash parks are getting old and finally after making 4,657 types of slime the kiddos are getting bored. And us parents are pulling our hair out, per all the whining happening!
The once exciting summer activities for kids, like riding bikes, drawing chalk cities in the driveway, and playing tag in the back yard are soooo last month.
Even if you have something really cool in your backyard like, I don’t know, a 15 foot high playset (yep have one) or even something cooler like a pool you are still not safe!
Cause kids, well they are kids and everything, I mean everything gets old to them.
The kiddos are restless and tired of the same ol’ same ol’! Make slime, repeat, make slime repeat! Ugh!
Anyone with me?
They are bored inside. They are bored outside. They are bored when kids come to play. They seem to be bored all day.
I have heard ”there is nothing to do” and “moooooom I’m bored” for a couple of weeks now and I really truly simply cannot take it anymore. If one more kid tells me they are bored I might just lose it lol.
So to break the monotony and stop the never ending whining I did what any crazed, and exhausted mom would do, I I searched Pinterest! I found a lot of unique and summer activities for kids. Here are my favorite finds that I thought were worth sharing with you all!
Summer Activities for Kids
- Make Bubbles that Bounce
- Play on a Water Blob
- Make a Water Obstacle Course
- Make a Marble Run Waterslide
- Draw on the Driveway with Ice Chalk
- Play Water Balloon Piñata
- Play & Learn with Melting Ice & Salt Science Experiment
- Play a Game of Pool Noodle Croquet
- Make 2 Ingredient Nutella Icecream…Mmmm Mmmm good!!
- How about Glow in the Dark Ice Painting
I know you should be able to find something fun to do with your kiddos now. And if not, don’t give up you are sure to find something they will enjoy. I hope, for your sake…hahaha!
Do you have any amazing summer activities for kids to share with all of us? Leave a comment and share so we can all get our sanity back.
Have a Blessed Summer! Lots of love from our home to yours!
- Simple Way to Prevent Summer Learning Loss
- Kids Movies this Summer for only a $1
- Kids Bowl Free all Summer long
- 7 Fun Ways to Keep Kids Busy on Rainy Days
Latest posts by Forest Rose (see all)
- Build Character with this Martin Luther King, Jr. Printable Copywork - January 15, 2018
- How to Teach Children the True Meaning of Christmas + 25 Days of Christmas Copywork - December 12, 2017
- 24 Days to a Christ-Centered Christmas Party & $600 PayPal Cash Giveaway - December 1, 2017