When our kids were young, it was easy to teach them their alphabet and how to count. As the years pass, certain subjects become more difficult to teach. It can be easy to be intimidated by certain subjects—like the sciences.
This year, I’m excited to introduce you to an online course that will help solve your problems: Experience Astronomy.
>>>>Learn More <<<<
Why Experience Astronomy?
Since the 7th century, astronomy was considered one of the seven classical liberal arts of education. Experience Astronomy allows students to join this long-standing tradition and really grasp the God-created order of the heavens.
- You, the parent, don’t have to be the expert: The instructor, Luke Gilkerson, will do all the teaching for you (via video).
- It’s integrative: The course includes integration with history, literature, and even the Bible.
- No special equipment needed: Your student will study the stars the way the ancients did—with their own two eyes.
- It’s interactive: Your student will get outside on a weekly basis to take notes or draw specific observations in the sky.
- From the comfort of home: All the required activities can be done online or in your own backyard.
- Christian emphasis: The subject of astronomy is studied through a Christian worldview.
Experience Astronomy is a full-school year video eCourse geared towards students 12 and up. (Don’t worry they now have it for your younger kiddos too)
- Starting in September your students will look forward to the engaging, weekly teaching videos.
- Students will receive a field guide and are expected to complete weekly outdoor observation activities, giving them a firsthand knowledge about the motions of the sun, moon, stars, and planets.
- A course guide with supplemental reading assignments will be provided.
- Weekly online quizzes to test your students understanding of the materials will be provided. Don’t worry, the grading will be done for you!
INTRODUCING EXPERIENCE ASTRONOMY FOR ELEMENTARY!
No more boring boxed science curriculums. Add delight into your homeschool Science and spark a love for learning in your kiddos!
Experience Astronomy Elementary in 3 Easy Steps…
Step 1: Watch Engaging Video Lessons
Login to your online portal each week and let your kids watch the engaging video lesson that will introduce them to basic astronomy principles.
Step 2: Engage in Fun Activities and Assignments to Make Science Come Alive
With each lesson you’ll be provided with hands-on activities, creative play, memory work, and more. You decide what to integrate into your lesson and what to skip. Customize the course to fit your family’s unique needs.
Step 3: Explore Living Books from Recommended Reading Lists
Further your children’s education and love of astronomy by using some (or all) of the books on the reading list. Choose from the list of living books and use them as read-alouds for the family or independent reading assignments for each of your children.
What’s Included in the Elementary Program?
- 30 fun video lessons so you can take a break from teaching and still give your kids a solid education
- Dozens of hands-on activities you and your child can to do together that will bring the lessons to life
- Recommended reading lists with books that can be read aloud or assigned as independent reading to further your child’s understanding of astronomy and build reading skills
- Memory work to strengthen your children’s minds and commit important foundational facts to their long-term memory
- Copywork that accompanies every lesson to reinforce key concepts while practicing handwriting skills
Lessons can take as little as 15 minutes, or expand to a few hours of fun and learning! The lessons are flexible to fit your family’s schedule.
Enrollment for the 2017-2018 school year is live, but the doors will be closing soon.
Are you wondering how to revamp or improve what you’ve been doing in your day-to-day schooling. Do you want or NEED shorter days, a richer learning environment, or just more freedom to “school” without all the busywork? Would you like to see a greater spark in your child’s eye? Visit NotebookingPages.com for free and affordable resources that will unlock the love of learning in your child!
Besides this blog, she also hosts a Homeschooling 101 Community on Facebook. She's passionate about lifting moms out of the homeschooling trenches that are discouraged, overwhelmed or feeling alone or isolated. Her hope is to point them to Christ and equip them to rise up with a new found hope and joy within that He alone can provide.
Latest posts by Forest Rose (see all)
- When You Feel Like You are Failing as a Parent - September 12, 2017
- 3 Steps to Getting Your Kids to Help End Homeschool Clutter - September 5, 2017
- First Day of Homeschool Traditions and Printables - August 25, 2017