I was born and raised in Michigan, moved to Fort Wayne, Indiana about 18 years ago and met and fell love with my hubby about 16 years ago and married a year later. We have been very blessed to have each other as we build our lives and family together with God on a solid foundation. The road has been broken and blessed, but we grow stronger every day.
In 2009 we decided to start homeschooling our oldest daughter, hasta luego comfort zone. We started homeschooling not to keep our kids at home or to shelter them, but simply because we felt led to. We were actually super excited about her school career getting underway and had signed her up at a private Christian preschool. But then God! Yep, He had different plans for our family.
So off on the journey we go
I didn’t know the first thing about homeschooling or anyone who did. I wish there was a Homeschooling 101 course I could take or Awesome Facebook Group to join, but alas none of that. Yeah, seriously I was alone and clueless. So here I go walking blindly on faith into what God had called us too. So scary…..ahhhhh! But He was and is with us every step of the way. I started to see the fruits of it right away.
We have settled into a Charlotte Mason inspired, eclectic homeschooling style and are loving it. Sonlight is our curriculum of choice, but we’ve dabbled in others like Heart of Dakota and even Abeka.
Looking back I couldn’t imagine it any other way. I’m not saying it has been easy, it has been the hardest, yet most wonderful thing I have ever done in my entire life.
Then Came the Blog
He not only led me to homeschooling, but He called me further yet into starting this very blog (April 2009). Yet another clueless adventure that has turned out to be nothing short of amazing. I have met so many amazing moms and been able to give encouragement from the comfort of my home to so many people all around the world.
How cool is that!
If you follow my little corner of the web you know that I keep it real. I share the heart of the Father, homeschooling encouragement and ideas, recipes, tips, freebies, giveaways, printables… anything that is going to make your life as a mom a little easier. I hope you will join me on this journey! If you happen to be a homeschool blogger like me pop over to my Bloggin’ Besties Blogroll and add your blog so we can connect.
You can always reach me by filling out the contact form below. I am here for prayer requests, questions or anything else that I can help you with. Check out my Advertising/PR Page for advertising or just request my media kit through the contact form.
Here’s A Few of our Top Posts to Get You Started.
- 27 Day Homeschooling 101 Series
- Huge List of Free Homeschooling Curriculum
- Free Curriculum for Preschoolers
- 10 Steps to Starting Homeschooling the Right Way
- Choosing Curriculum For Your Homeschool
- Top 5 Lies Homeschooling Moms are Listening to
- 5 Things to do When Homeschooling Gets Hard
- I Don’t Have the Patience to Homeschool
- How Periscope Has Changed Me
- To the Mom Comparing Herself to Other Moms
- Supermom, Real? or Fairytale?
- No More Mommy Guilt and Shame
- Happiness is a Choice: Choose Happy
- Scheduling Time With God
- Unveiling Approval Addiction
- When Things Fall Apart
- Pre-Approved: Seeking God Before Making Decisions
- CTC Math
- ESV Family Devotional Bible
- Famous Artists – Online Unit Study
- A Sense of the Resurrection
- 8 Simple Tools For Raising Great Kids by Dr. Todd Cartmell
- All My Reviews
Are we official internet friends yet?