Reading to young children is so very important. As a homeschool mom, I have always tried to read as much as I can to my girls. They love the excitement of each new story. Over the years we have built quite a huge library of books that is constantly growing.
We LOVE books! The most exciting thing for them is to go to the library. Seriously! They used to hate to read, it was like work to them. Then one magical day we went to the library. They were so amazed at the sea of books available at their little fingertips. Then it happened, it just clicked! I have happy, avid readers now! Yay!
Why is it important to read to your child?
- Builds a stronger relationship with you and your child
- Cultivates a higher aptitude for learning in general
- Builds basic speech skills
- Builds their vocabulary
- Teaches basic reading techniques, such as reading left to right
- Builds better communication skills
- Creates more logical thinking skills
- Enthusiasm for new experiences
- Enhances concentration and discipline
- Shows them that reading is fun
Reading to your children can do so much more than even these key points. As a parent, reading to your child has many benefits that you don’t want to miss out on. This can be one of the most important things you will do with and for your children to prepare them for academic excellence.
There is nothing better than snuggling up with a good book and my girls:-) We have made so many fond memories that will carry us throughout our lifetime. Although I know I still could do it more especially with my youngest, I am a reading mama.
Looking for a new book to read? Check out wegivebooks.org (not an affiliate link) they have a lot of quality online books that you and your kids can read together or just head to your local library.
Are you wondering how to revamp or improve what you’ve been doing in your day-to-day schooling. NotebookingPages.com for free and affordable resources that will unlock the love of learning in your child!
Latest posts by Forest Rose (see all)
- Cutest Little Yarn Pumpkin Craft for Older Kids - October 12, 2017
- 3 Ways to to Abide in Christ Through the Difficult Times of Motherhood - October 11, 2017
- Paper Plate Autumn Wreath Kid’s Craft - October 9, 2017