- 1 Getting Started Homeschooling
- 2 What I wish I knew Before I started Homeschooling
- 3 Information for Homeschooling in Your State:
- 4 Tracking, Record Keeping and Planners for Homeschool:
- 5 Choosing Curriculum and Basic Tips for Homeschool:
- 6 Other Resources for Getting Started Homeschooling:
Getting Started Homeschooling
You have made an amazing decision to start homeschooling your kids. You can do it! You may be confused and terrified like I was though. My hope is that I can bless you and help in some way to help get you started and ease some of your fears.
In all honesty, it may seem like an impossible path, but it looks harder than it actually is. God has gifted you with the tools you need to do this. So relax, breathe and begin.
I have compiled a list of information and links that I hope will both inspire you and give you direction. Whether you are a new homeschooling mom or a veteran it’s always nice to have a few lists, I love lists.
My purpose in starting this blog was to try to put as much information in one place for you as I could in hopes to make your search a lot easier.
When I started homeschooling I was clueless, I didn’t know where to start. I’m here to encourage you along the way! If you need anything or have any questions feel free to contact me at email@example.com and join our Exclusive Homeschooling 101 Community.
What I wish I knew Before I started Homeschooling
My best advice would be to feel the first year out and get to know your child, I know you know your child, but what I mean by this is their interests and dreams, the way they learn. Are they interested in learning about finance, zoology or photography? You don’t have to buy an expensive curriculum or any curriculum for that matter your first year of homeschooling.
3 Homeschooling Tips for Beginners
- Start small and gradually build up the curriculum. It can be overwhelming to take on too much too soon, so start out with just a few subjects and then slowly add on.
- Find a routine that works for you and your children – this can help keep everyone organized and on track. In my opinion, A routine is always better than a rigid schedule.
- Take advantage of online resources and homeschooling groups – there are a lot of great resources available online, and joining a local homeschooling group can be a great way to connect with other parents and get advice.
One curriculum doesn’t fit all.
Feel the first year out especially if you pulled them out of school. Find out what each child’s learning style is by testing out a few free methods. Then when you are sure what style is going to be a good fit for you and your family you will be ready to choose a curriculum.
This is just my opinion derived from my personal experiences, yours may be different:-)
Information for Homeschooling in Your State:
Tracking, Record Keeping and Planners for Homeschool:
Homeschool Tracker Basic- Planning & record Keeping Software
Ultimate Free Homeschool Planning List: Free Homeschool Planners, Forms, and more
Donna Young- Planners, Info, Lessons (K-12)
123 Homeschool 4 Me-17 Free Homeschool Forms
Pros and Cons of Homeschooling-Free Printable Homeschool Schedules
Free Homeschool Planning Pages Printables
Homeschool Views- Printable Homeschool Resources
Learning Keeper~ePortfolio 30 day Free Trial
Choosing Curriculum and Basic Tips for Homeschool:
- Ultimate Homeschool for FREE- List of Free Curriculum
- Homeschooling 101 Series
- Choosing a Curriculum For Your Homeschool
- 10 Simple Steps to Start Homeschooling Today
- The Ultimate Guide to Choosing Homeschool Curriculum
- 15 Tips for Choosing Homeschool Curriculum
- Homeschool Creations- Homeschool Basics-Tips and Helps for Homeschool Families
- Homeschool Methods & Philosophies by Curriculum Choice Authors
- Focus on the Family-Choosing a Home School Curriculum
- The Happy Housewife-Choosing a Homeschool Curriculum
Other Resources for Getting Started Homeschooling:
- Kids’ Money for Teachers and Homeschoolers
- Free Computers
- Freebyte’s Guide to Free Computers
- 101 Ways to Save Money on Homeschooling-Free eBook
- Beginning to Homeschool
For more homeschooling inspiration, tips and encouragement, make sure to follow KFH on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram and Twitter, and subscribe to our Newsletter for some FREE GOODIES!
Forest Rose is a God Loving, Blessed Wife, & Mama to 3 girls. She’s passionate about lifting moms out of the trenches that are discouraged, overwhelmed, or feeling alone or isolated. Her hope is to point them to Christ and equip them to rise up with a newfound hope and joy within, that He alone can provide. Besides blogging, she also loves to create printables!