In this post: Huge Homeschool Curriculum List with links: free online programs, online curriculum, homeschool curriculum by subject, preschool curriculum and so much more!
Every mom should have the option to homeschool if she really wants to. The cost of homeschool curriculum should not hold us back from that. You can teach your kids without going into debt or stressing out about it.
Did you know that you can homeschool for frugal or even free?
You might be be saying, “I heard homeschooling is costly?” Not so, it only costs as much or as little as you want it to. A lot cheaper than paying to send your kids to preschool, private or public school even.
There are very affordable services such as Mastery Genius that cost as little as $30 per month and offer personalized curriculums, so your student can grow no matter where they start or where they want to finish!
And there are tons of wonderful and free homeschooling curriculum options for preschool to highschool available as well. I’ve had some years where curriculum just wasn’t in the budget for us, so that is how I began the journey of finding a free or frugal way to homeschool.
I want to say to all of you families out there that have made the decision to homeschool — You can do it! Homeschooling is one of the biggest challenges you will ever achieve in your lifetime.
Our children have been gifted to us by God and we have only one shot at doing this the right way – His way. No worries though He has given you the tools for the job. It may not feel like it at all times, but you were meant for this.
For whatever reason, you have found yourself in this moment right now where you have taken on this very important job of educating your child, remember you will have good and bad days, but the fruit of your labor will be bountiful!
My motto is — don’t give up, INSTEAD – cut back!
I know that both you and your child will learn from and be blessed by this amazing experience. I hope this huge list of free homeschooling curriculum will bless you and give you the confidence and help you need to get this journey started or restarted.
- 0.1 MASTER LIST OF FREE HOMESCHOOLING CURRICULUM
- 0.2 Getting Started Homeschooling Posts
- 0.3 Free Homeschool Curriculum Resources for Toddlers
- 0.4 Free Homeschooling Curriculum for Preschoolers
- 0.5 Free Homeschool Preschool Printables
- 0.6 Free Homeschooling Curriculum for Preschoolers
- 0.7 Free Homeschool Kindergarten Printables
- 0.8 Free Homeschool Curriculum for Kindergarten
- 0.9 PreK-12th Grade Complete ALL-IN-ONE Curriculum
- 0.10 Bible Lessons and Homeschool Resources
- 0.11 Free Language Arts/English Homeschool Resources
- 0.12 Free Math Homeschool Resources
- 0.13 Free History Homeschool Curriculum
- 0.15 Free Science Homeschool Curriculum
- 0.16 Free Arts Homeschool Curriculum
- 0.17 Free Foreign Language Homeschool Curriculum
- 0.18 Free Health Homeschool Curriculum
- 0.19 Free Computer Skills Homeschool Curriculum
- 0.20 Free Typing Homeschool Curriculum
- 0.21 Free Testing for Homeschoolers
- 0.22 Virtual Tours: Famous Museums & Places
- 0.23 Other Great Free Homeschool Resources
- 0.24 Happy Homeschooling! What are your favorite free Homeschooling Curriculum Resources?
- 1 Here are some other great posts you may like. =)
MASTER LIST OF FREE HOMESCHOOLING CURRICULUM
Getting Started Homeschooling Posts
>>>Check out our Homeschooling 101 Series!<<<
- 10 Easy Steps to Starting Homeschooling The Right Way
- Homeschool Tracker Basic- Planning & Record Keeping Software
- Getting Started Homeschooling
- Choosing curriculum for your Homeschool
Free Homeschool Curriculum Resources for Toddlers
- 1+1+1=1–Tot School Ideas / Tot School Printables / Where to Begin with Tot School Free eBook
- Mama’s Happy Hive- Super Cute Tot School ideas
- Wildflower Ramblings- Tot School Planning Form
- The Unlikely Homeschooler-45 Cheap & Easy Tot Activities
- All My Kingdom First Tot School Posts
- Pinterest Board of Tot School Ideas
- Mom’s Have Questions too- huge list of ideas for tot school
- Mama’s Learning Corner- Mama’s Ultimate Guide to Occupying Toddlers During School Time
- Abc Jesus Loves Me (NEW) 1-Year-old Curriculum
- Abc Jesus Loves Me 2-Year-old Curriculum
Free Homeschooling Curriculum for Preschoolers
Here’s a few activities and ideas from Kingdom First Homeschool
- Activity Obstacle Course
- 20 Fine Motor Skills Activities for Preschoolers
- Chunky Puzzle Circle, Mosaic Letter, I Draw U Draw & More
- Our Preschool Archives
- Pinterest board full of Preschool stuff
Free Homeschool Preschool Printables
- Color Match Hearts Free Printable
- Valentine’s Day Free Printable Preschool Pack
- St. Patrick’s Day Free Printable Preschool Pack
- Confessions of a Homeschooler-Daily Learning Printables
- Confessions of a Homeschooler- Preschool Printables
- Homeschool Creations-Early Learning Printables
- Homeschool Preschool Printables
- 1+1+1=1-Preschool Printables
- tlsbooks- Free Worksheets
- KidsLearningstation.com-Free Preschool & Kinder Worksheets
Free Homeschooling Curriculum for Preschoolers
- ABC Jesus Loves Me 3-5-year-olds
- Easy Peasy All in One Homeschool- Getting Ready 1/ Getting Ready 2
- Brightly Beaming Resources- Letter of the week curriculum
- God’s Little Explorers – Free Version (Get God’s Little Explorers (Complete Version with Bonuses )
- Our Preschool Homeschool Blog- 26 Week lessons
- Starfall-Learn to Read with Phonics
- First School-Preschool Themes and Lesson Plans
- Mud Hut Mama- 36 Weeks of Lesson Plans
- Montessori for Everyone- Free Montessori Downloads
- Free Bible Curriculum-Little Ones PS-Kindergarten
- The Reading Mama-Reading the Alphabet: a FREE PreK Reading Curriculum
Free Homeschool Kindergarten Printables
- Confessions of a Homeschooler–Kinder Printables
- 1+1+1=1- Kinder Printables
- Word Family Tracer Printables
- 123 Homeschool 4 Me – Lots of Kinder Printables
Free Homeschool Curriculum for Kindergarten
- Easy Peasy All in One Homeschool ~ Getting Ready 2/ Mcguffey Primer
- ABC teach
- Free Bible Curriculum – Little Ones~ PS-Kindergarten
- PlainandNotSoPlain.com (Advanced Kindergarten/First Grade Curriculum)
- FreeReadingProgram.com Free online Kindergarten to Grade 6 Reading, Language & Grammar program
- Water on the Floor – Kindergarten Literature Based Curriculum
PreK-12th Grade Complete ALL-IN-ONE Curriculum
- Easy Peasy All-In-One Homeschool
- Plain and Not So Plain (1-9 English/Math)
- CK-12- curriculum(K-12)
- GuestHollow.com- Full Curriculum (K-9)
- Ambleside- Full Charlotte Mason Curriculum program (K-12)
- Old Fashioned Homeschool– 40 Week Schedules (K-12)
- Free World U– Free flashcard curriculum (k-12)
- Core Knowledge– (Pre-K-12)
- Easy Fun School (K-6)
- Edhelper.com (Pre-K-12)
- Homeschool Share- Lapbooks (K-12)
- Lesson Pathways- Lesson Plans (K-5)
- SAS Curriculum Pathways
- Teachers Pay Teachers: Free Resources and Lessons (K-12)
- The Homeschool Mom-Unit Studies (K-9)
- School Express- Units & more (K-12)
- KHAN ACADEMY- Videos and Lessons (3-12)
- Ron Paul Curriculum-Free Courses (K-5)
- BBC (k-12)
- Charlotte Mason Help- Higher up and Further In curriculum (K-12)
- Sheppard Software- Games (K-6)
- A Mind in the Light- curriculum (1-12)
- Mobymax- Free & Paid option
- Free World U – Free & Paid Option (Pre-K- 12)
- SAS Curriculum Pathways-(6-12)
- Connections Academy- Free Online Public School (K-12)
- My Schoolroom –Classical Curriculum
- WatchKnowLearn.org– Thousands of free Educational Videos (Pre-K-12)
- I’m a Puzzle – Puzzles encourage creativity, logic, and problem-solving skills, making them active stimulators for the brain and a crucial homeschooling tool.
Bible Lessons and Homeschool Resources
- Children’s Bible Curriculum – Grades 1-6 (Gospels of Jesus)
- Children’s Bible Curriculum – Grades 1-6 (Old Testament)
- Little One’s Curriculum – PreK-K
- Topical Bible Study Curriculum – Grades 3-6
- Bible Class Books – Full bible curriculum kids
- Easy Peasy Bible Lessons- Old Testament 1st-8th
- Easy Peasy Bible Lessons- New Testament 1st- 8th
- Easy Peasy Bible Lessons- Prophets 1st – 8th
- Easy Peasy Bible Lessons- Poetry 1st-8th
Free Language Arts/English Homeschool Resources
- Audio books (K-12): Librivox
- The Good and The Beautiful (LOVE THIS) Level 1 – 5 are FREE!
- Daily Grammar (K-12)
- Scholastic- Grammar (K-6)
- Grammar and Spelling
- Word Blanks- Grammar- Mad Libs (K-12)
- englishbanana.com-Grammar Textbook
- Dolch Word Lists (K-4)
- Early Reading (K-2)
- 1+1+1=1=Early Reading (K-3)
- Early Reading- I see Sam books (K-2)
- Donna Young-Handwriting (K-6)
- Handwriting Worksheet Maker (K-2)
- Handwriting help (K-2)
- Manybooks.net- Literature (K-12)
- Progressive Phonics (K-3)
- Reading Bear- Phonics (K-3)
- Starfall- Phonics (K-3)
- We Give Books- Picture Books (K-4)
- Spellingcity.com- Spelling (K-12)
- Gradespelling.com – Spelling and Vocabulary (K-8)
- Classroom Cereal – Grammar practice
- Plain and Not So Plain (1-9)
Free Math Homeschool Resources
- ByteLearn – Free for Middle Schoolers
- Khan Academy
- MasterMath (Free Video-based Lessons 6th, 7th, 8th, ALG 1)
- Math is Fun (K-12)
- Learn with Math Games (K-12)
- Actuarial Foundation -(4-12)
- XTRA Math Games and Lessons (K-12)
- MobyMax Online Math Lessons
- Big Brains- Games
- National Library of Virtual Manipulatives- (Pre-K-12)
- Addition Videos
- Subtraction Videos
- Skip Counting Song Videos
- Multiplication Song Videos
- Multiplication Videos
- Dadworksheets.com –Free Math Worksheets
- The Free Math Program-Grades 1-5
- Jumpstart Math Curriculum- Grades Kinder-5th
- Homeschoolmath.net -Grades 1-7
- Plain and Not So Plain (1-9)
Free History Homeschool Curriculum
- American History (3-7)
- Water on the Floor – Ancient History (Creation to Christ) – Middle Ages
- Bringing Up Learners- World History (K-6)
- PBS – American History (3-9)
- Current Events (3-12) http://www.timeforkids.com
- Ben’s Guide to U.S. Government- Government (K-6)
- Learning Through History- History Unit Studies (2-12)
- National Archives (3-12)
- Social Studies for Kids (3-12)
- BBC- Vikings (K-9)
- Little City Kids- World History (K-6)
Free Science Homeschool Curriculum
- Mystery Science – Start Your FREE YEAR!
- cK-12 – ELEMENTARY SCIENCE K-5
- EASY PEASY ALL-IN-ONE SCIENCE – BIOLOGY – ZOOLOGY – EARTH SCIENCE – PHYSICS/CHEMISTRY
- Water on the Floor – Magic School Bus – Earth Science/Astronomy
- The Lab of Mr. Q – Free Elementary Life Science
- GuestHollow.com – Science of the Seasons – Literature and Activity Based
- National Wildlife Federation-Animal Science (K-6)
- Fossils-facts-and-Finds.com- Earth Science Archeology, Dinosaurs and Fossils (3-12)
- Astronomy (K-12)<
- Quarks and Quirks- Biology (9-12)
- Inquiry in Action- Chemistry (3-6)
- Periodic Videos- Chemistry, Periodic Table (K-12):
- Home Science tools- Coloring Pages
- KODU- Video Programming (K-12)
- Computer Science Unplugged- Without a computer (K-12)
- Discovery Education- Elementary Science (K-5)
- Teach Engineering (K-12)
- Science Buddies- Experiments (K-12)
- Jason Learning- Full science courses (grades 6-9)
- GeoSource- Geology (K-5)
- PBS Kids- Games (K-6)
- Gutenberg- Geography (K-6)
- MIT Open Courseware- MIT courses (9-12)
- I. Science MaTe- Multiple Subject Science, Math, Technology Curriculum (K-12)
- Science Net Links- Multiple Subjects (K-12)
- National Geographic Kids (K-6)
- National Geographic Learning (K-9)
- American Museum of Natural History- Physical Science- Choose an “OLOGY” (K-12)
- APS Physics (K-9)
- PBS Kids SciGirls Projects (K-6)
- Sci Jinks- Satellite Earth Science (K-12)
- The Happy Scientist-Free Stuff-Videos (K-12)
- Exploratorium- Virtual Museum (K-12)
- Study Guide to Systems of the Body
Free Arts Homeschool Curriculum
- National Gallery of Art- Fine Arts: Art
- Heilbrunn Timeline of Art History (3-12)
- Deep Space Sparkle- Art Lessons for Kids (K-6)
- Art Projects for Kids- Art Lessons (K-6)
- Concordia University- Artist Study (K-6)
- Kids art lessons- Art Lessons & Ideas (K-6)
- Classics For Kids- Classical Music (K-8)
- Teoria- Music Theory (3-12)
Free Foreign Language Homeschool Curriculum
- Instant Replay- German, French, Spanish (K-12)
- GPB Education- Japanese (9-12+)
- Online Free Spanish
- 123 Teach Me- Spanish
- Learn 4 Good- Spanish Lessons
- Duolingo– Spanish, English, French, German, Portuguese, Italian
- SpanishTown.ca -Spanish, French, German, Portuguese, Italian -also and App for Windows 10
Free Health Homeschool Curriculum
- Health, Safety & Nutrition Worksheets list
- Kids Health- Health and Safety topics (K-12)
- By the Numbers – Drug and Alcohol Prevention
Free Computer Skills Homeschool Curriculum
- Learn to code – Codeacademy
- Computer Skills – e-Learning for Kids
- Webucater.com – Tons of free Courses for Homeschoolers use Coupon Code HOMESCHOOL when you sign up!!
- Hour of Code
Free Typing Homeschool Curriculum
- Typing.com – K-12th and beyond
- Dance Mat Typing – A fun Way to Learn Typing.
- Turtle Diary – Beginner/ Intermediate/ Advanced
- Typing Club
- Free Typing Game – Typing Games/ Typing Lessons/ Typing Tests
Free Testing for Homeschoolers
- Varsitytutors.com~ Free Practice Testing Resource / Free Web-Based Classroom Assessment Software
Virtual Tours: Famous Museums & Places
- National Gallery of Art in Washington, DC
- Virtual Tour of Great Wall of China
- Van Gogh Museum in Amsterdam
- Musée d’Orsay in Paris
- Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History
- Sistine Chapel Virtual Tour
- Play with Google Maps–Just put the location in the search bar, click Satellite, then STREET VIEW.
Other Great Free Homeschool Resources
- Rock Your Homeschool – Ultimate List of Free Homeschool Printables
- Free 30 day Trial of Learning Keeper- ePortfolio
- Blessed Beyond a Doubt-Printables & all kinds of free resources daily
- Printable Maps (K-12)
- Worksheets (k-12)
- Education.com- Free Worksheets (K-12)
- Homeschool Top Sites
- 176 Best Homeschool Freebies
- Free Guide for Homeschoolers Transitioning to College
NOTE: Post Updated (12/22) Let me know if you find any links that don’t work…Thanks
Remember you can do all things through Christ who strengthens you (Phil. 4:13).
Happy Homeschooling! What are your favorite free Homeschooling Curriculum Resources?
Let’s Be Friends
Facebook || Twitter || Pinterest ||Instagram
Linked: Thrifty Thursday
Here are some other great posts you may like. =)
***Want to start a new blog and make an income from home? BlueHost is the company I'd recommend as the most affordable for web hosting. Their prices are SUPER LOW and include a FREE SSL Certificate. You can check them out here! Here is step-by-step for HOW TO START A BLOG!!
For more homeschooling inspiration, tips and encouragement, make sure to follow KFH on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram and Twitter, and subscribe to our Newsletter for some FREE GOODIES!
Forest Rose is a God Loving, Blessed Wife, & Mama to 3 girls. She’s passionate about lifting moms out of the trenches that are discouraged, overwhelmed, or feeling alone or isolated. Her hope is to point them to Christ and equip them to rise up with a newfound hope and joy within, that He alone can provide. Besides blogging, she also loves to create printables!
The Good and the Beautiful Math and English for grades 1-5 and Marine Kingdom.
I was checking out your free curriculum resources. I noticed that littlehousekindergarten.com wasn’t on there. It’s a free full year kindergarten curriculum. Thought it might be helpful to add it. Thanks for all you do! Your site helps so many people.
learning through history is not working. I haven’t checked all the other links.
Julie – Thank you so much for including ABC Jesus Loves Me in your list. I wanted to let you know that we just released a 1 Year Curriculum as well.
Forest Rose says
Of course Heidi! I have actually used ABC Jesus Loves Me in the past with my youngest and loved it. Thanks for letting me know about the year 1 curriculum I will add it right away.
Great work of collecting all the resources and placing it together. Its good to see the curriculum resources for all the grades. Truly it deserves the appreciation. This will be very much useful for the moms who are searching for the homeschooling curriculum that meets their children’s needs and capabilities. It good to put all them together so that, one have a chance to go through the curriculum and select the best one for their children. Great blog!!
Forest Rose says
Thanks for the kind reply Ashley! That is my hope, that this resource will make it sooooo much easier to find a great free curriculum for everyone that is looking. I definitely know how time consuming it can be to find all the good stuff!
Wow!! What a great resource. Love this, pinned, and following! Thank you so much for gathering and sharing. I know it takes a lot of time!!
Wow! This is quite a list – thank you for sharing all of these resources and thank you for including us!
Forest Rose says
Thanks Jody! Let me know if you have any new free resources to add in the future & I will be sure to update it:-) Thanks for all you do!
I love having lists like these. It helps to inspire me on those days when things aren’t going great, and get new ideas and perspectives.
Forest Rose says
I agree! Lists are so very inspiring…Thanks for stopping in:-)
Michelle Cannon says
This is a SUPER list of resources. Thanks so much for putting it together and sharing it at the Homeschool Showcase.
Forest Rose says
I love the Homeschool Showcase! Thanks for such an amazing resource Michelle!
Julie @ MountMom says
Forest Rose – WOW! This is such a comprehensive list! I think I’m going to have to bookmark this page. And also send to a few friends.
Forest Rose says
GREAT Julie!! It’s my goal to help as many homeschool moms as possible!!! Thanks for commenting!!