Mama, are you being lied to? As a homeschool mom for over a decade now, I have heard a lot of lies circulating. Whether through my own doubts or thoughts, satan’s lies planted in my thoughts, or people in general.
What lies are you listening to or believing?
Homeschooling and EVERY-thing it entails is complex. It’s not the easiest job choice in the world. My intention in this post is to shed some light on some common lies. In hopes to alleviate any thoughts or doubts you may or may not be having about your ability to raise, train and teach your children.
- 1 Top 5 lies That Homeschool Moms Believe
- 2 #5 LIE – I don’t have a teaching degree, I can’t Homeschool?
- 3 How do you combat these lies that homeschool moms are listening to?
- 4 Here are 20 Bible affirmations/decrees with Scriptures for homeschool moms:
Top 5 lies That Homeschool Moms Believe
#5 LIE – I don’t have a teaching degree, I can’t Homeschool?
This is just ridiculous! Really? I can’t teach my Kid? Come on!
Trust me – you are more qualified than any top level teacher! God has placed this call on you so He has also given you the tools to be successful! If you would really take a step back and look at it in a God way, you would realize that you are the “chosen one” you are the one and only person God wants to teach your kids.
If anyone can tell you that this is a lie it would surely be me. I didn’t do well in school at all. I have zero degrees and we are trucking right along. The school part about it is easy, the spending 24\7 with the kids is the tough part…hahaha! You can do it momma!!
I’m going to try and explain this one nicely…lol!Most kids are awkward socially…I have been around plenty of kids and they are all just figuring it out. My girls, who aren’t vigorously socialized, are the first ones to go up to a new kid and introduce and ask to play.
This lie mostly comes from those who are “concerned” for no apparent reason about homeschool. Besides, when I was in school “socialization” was my biggest downfall, too many distractions to care about school. Socialization should not be the reason you send your kids to school. There are plenty of after school activities & events to promote a healthy social life. No worries momma they are socialized!
#3 LIE – I have to complete 8 hours a day of learning/ what if I’m not doing enough?
Nope, you don’t & yep you are…My girls have 3 hours tops and that’s on a busy day. We have got to get out of the public school mentality and get into HOME school mentality. God’s plan for your homeschool family isn’t a factory product… the same as everyone else.
Think about it. In public school the children do not get the full attention of the teacher, but at home your kids get one on one learning always. This, my friend, is a game changer.
You do not need to overwork and stuff your kids with tons of information to feel like you are meeting the standards of a public school day. God has provided each one of you the tools and gifts to get the job done.
Please just relax and enjoy teaching your kids and allow the Holy Spirit to lead your day. Your kids will learn more in less time if you are not all stressed out! You will walk in MUCH peace if you will quit comparing yourself to the school system.
#2 LIE – I am ruining my kids lives, they are missing out on so much
You know, I thought this lie for the first 2 years. My heart ached. When the Lord told me to homeschool my kids, I thought- What about sports?… What about the Christmas programs?… What about prom?…What about graduation?
I was so excited about all these wonderful things! It was really hard to let go of the “norm” but I know God will provide much better opportunities for my girls along the way.
I have faith! And I am looking forward to it! I will abide in Jesus! I get to spend every day with 3 of the most amazing girls ever! Making personal memories with them daily! When you weigh that out these memories are so much more special! Such a happy momma!
#1 LIE – I am all alone
You are never alone! God has called you to this place for a reason and He is always alongside you! He is your biggest cheerleader and He is guiding your steps!
If it is mama to mama contact you are in need of, just look for a homeschool co-op or homeschool support group in your area. You can also search Facebook for your state/city homeschool group on there. If you cannot find one start your own. Go to the library they usually have things for homeschooling families.
Seek God and He will make a way for you.
Well, I hope I have cleared up some of the lies you may or may not have heard! Trust me, there are A LOT more. Lies are anything negative that is popping up in your head.
God does not speak to us in a negative manner! Get up, dust yourself off and keep moving forward, you don’t have to prove yourself to anyone. Stay strong and walk in the peace of God. You are doing great mama and remember you are not alone!
What lies are you listening to mama?
How do you combat these lies that homeschool moms are listening to?
Combat lies with TRUTH! Where do you find truth? The Bible!
Here are 20 Bible affirmations/decrees with Scriptures for homeschool moms:
- “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” – Philippians 4:13
- “The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me.” – Psalm 28:7
- “I trust in the Lord with all my heart and lean not on my own understanding; in all my ways I submit to Him, and He will make my paths straight.” – Proverbs 3:5-6
- “I can rest in the Lord and wait patiently for him, knowing that he has good plans for me and my family.” – Psalm 37:7, Jeremiah 29:11
- “I am equipped and empowered by the Holy Spirit to teach and train my children in the way they should go.” – 2 Timothy 1:7
- “I have wisdom from above, and I can seek God’s guidance in all my homeschooling decisions.” – James 1:5
- “The Lord goes before me and makes a way for me and my children. He is our rear guard.” – Isaiah 52:12
- “I can rejoice always, pray continually, and give thanks in all circumstances, knowing that this is God’s will for me and my family.” – 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
- “I can teach my children to love the Lord with all their heart, soul, mind, and strength.” – Deuteronomy 6:5
- “I can be confident that God is working all things together for good, even in the challenges and struggles of homeschooling.” – Romans 8:28
- “I am fearfully and wonderfully made, and God has uniquely equipped me to homeschool my children.” – Psalm 139:14
- “I can teach my children to trust in the Lord with all their heart and not lean on their own understanding.” – Proverbs 3:5
- “I can be strong and courageous, not afraid or discouraged, because the Lord my God is with me wherever I go.” – Joshua 1:9
- “I can find rest and refreshment in the Lord, even in the midst of homeschooling challenges.” – Psalm 23:2-3
- “I can cultivate a home atmosphere of love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control, with God’s help.” – Galatians 5:22-23
- “I can be a living example of Christ’s love and grace to my children, teaching them to love God and others as themselves.” – John 13:34-35
- “I can put on the full armor of God, standing firm in his truth, righteousness, peace, faith, salvation, and the Word of God.” – Ephesians 6:10-18
- “I can persevere in faith and endurance, knowing that my labor in the Lord is not in vain.” – 1 Corinthians 15:58
- “I can pray without ceasing for my children, seeking God’s wisdom and guidance in all areas of their lives.” – 1 Thessalonians 5:17
- “I can find joy in the Lord, even in the mundane and ordinary tasks of homeschooling, knowing that he has a purpose and plan for me and my family.” – Philippians 4:4-7
These Bible affirmations can be a source of encouragement and inspiration for homeschool moms. Homeschooling can be a challenging and overwhelming journey at times, and it’s easy to feel discouraged or unsure of ourselves. That’s why it’s so important to cling to the truth of God’s Word and to remind ourselves of who we are in Christ.
These confessions remind us that we are not alone in this homeschooling journey. We have the strength, wisdom, and guidance of the Holy Spirit to help us each step of the way. We can trust in the Lord’s promises and find rest and refreshment in His presence. We can teach our children to love and trust God and to follow His ways.
They can also help us to combat the lies and fears that can creep into our minds. We can replace those negative thoughts with the truth of God’s Word and find renewed hope and confidence. Reminding us that God has a plan and purpose for our homeschooling journey, even in the midst of challenges and struggles.
Want these Scripture Affirmations on Printable Cards?
Join my email list and get them FREE!
So, whether you’re just starting out on your homeschooling journey or you’ve been at it for years, take heart! You are loved and cherished by God, and He is with you every step of the way. Speak these everyday and you will see, you can homeschool with confidence, joy, and peace and finally destroy those lies that homeschool moms listen to.
Are You on Pinterest? PIN IT!
Get 4 months free on all annual shared hosting plans at WP ENGINE, BUY NOW! Offer only valid on Startup, Professional and Growth plans.
For more homeschooling inspiration, tips and encouragement, make sure to follow KFH on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram and Twitter, and subscribe to our Newsletter for some FREE GOODIES!
Forest Rose is a God Loving, Blessed Wife, & Mama to 3 girls. She’s passionate about lifting moms out of the trenches that are discouraged, overwhelmed, or feeling alone or isolated. Her hope is to point them to Christ and equip them to rise up with a newfound hope and joy within, that He alone can provide. Besides blogging, she also loves to create printables!