Do your kids read a lot of books in the course of a year? If they are anything like mine they do and they love to keep track. Keeping a reading log book for your kids is a great idea for many reasons.
Could you imagine walking down memory lane of your own reading log book? I wish I had created a reading log years ago. I would love to remember all the books that I’ve read in my lifetime. But, alas I can’t remember what I had for lunch yesterday let alone what books I’ve read.
But we can start now with our kids. We can keep track of every book they’ve ever read and hold on to those memories for them. I’ve created a reading log book printable to help you get started.
Benefits of a Reading Log Book
- Creates a sense of accomplishment. Kids love to write each book in as they complete them. It makes them feel super smart and well accomplished.
- Motivates them to read more. When I gave my kids a reading log book they started to pick up the pace and began knocking books out fast. Their comprehension level didn’t decrease either. It just so happened that they just wanted to read more often.
- Creates Excitement for reading. It’s the little things that get kids going. They love a challenge and this book gives it to them. It reignites their spark for reading.
- Serves as a time capsule. Looking back at each reading log book is so fun. Your kids will love to remember and share what they’ve read a few years back.
Whether you use this printable or not, I urge you to keep track of what your kids and even you are reading from here on out. You will thank yourself one day and so will your kids. I do hope you and your kids enjoy this reading log book.
Download and Print My Reading Log Book by clicking on the picture below.
How do you keep track of the books your kids read? I would love to know in the comments.
Latest posts by Forest Rose (see all)
- 3 Foolproof Ways to Raise Children Who Care for Others - November 13, 2017
- Mosaic Tissue Paper Pumpkin Craft for Kids – 2 Methods - October 30, 2017
- Fall Tree Watercolor Painting - October 29, 2017
Are you wondering how to revamp or improve what you’ve been doing in your day-to-day schooling. Do you want or NEED shorter days, a richer learning environment, or just more freedom to “school” without all the busywork? Would you like to see a greater spark in your child’s eye? Visit NotebookingPages.com for free and affordable resources that will unlock the love of learning in your child!