Hey there, Kingdom Mamas! Today, we’re diving into a profound journey together – a journey focused on nurturing our children’s faith and confidence building. Every Christian mom wants their kids radiating self-assuredness, their hearts brimming over with love and faith.
But we all know that this is easier said than done! How do we instill these virtues in our children in a world that often challenges their beliefs and crushes their self-esteem? Well, consider this your trusty roadmap to raising confident, faith-filled kids who can navigate life’s twists and turns with grace, grounded in their Christian values. So, let’s embark on this journey together and empower our kids with the unwavering faith and self-assuredness they need to thrive.
So, get comfy, because we’re about to explore seven faith-infused habits that will guide your children towards confidence building, each with a more in-depth look, and of course some practical examples to put in action.
- 0.1 1. Affirmations: The Power of Faith-Filled Words
- 0.2 2. Praise Effort as a Reflection of God’s Work
- 0.3 3. Foster Independence Grounded in Faith
- 0.4 4. Encourage Problem-Solving with God’s Wisdom
- 0.5 5. Embrace Failure as a Learning Experience in God’s Plan
- 0.6 6. Lead by Example with a Faithful Heart
- 1 Nurturing Faith and Confidence Building
1. Affirmations: The Power of Faith-Filled Words
Affirmations are like tiny but powerful prayers, whispered with faith and purpose. Encourage your child to embrace this practice daily, repeating faith-filled affirmations such as “I am loved by God,” “I am strong in His grace,” or “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” These affirmations serve as a bridge to their inner strength and God’s boundless love.
- Daily Affirmation Devotion: Empower your child’s confidence daily with ‘A Daily Dose of Confidence For Kids.’ Created by experts at DaddiLife, this unique diary-style activity book offers 366 positive affirmations—one for each day of the year. It encourages children to believe in themselves, track their progress with confidence goals, and provides expert tips for building confidence as a family. Equip your child with unwavering confidence for the challenges of today’s world.
- Bible Verse Affirmation Cards: Create affirmation cards together, but let’s add a special touch by including Bible verses. Have your child choose verses that resonate with their hearts and affirm their faith, such as “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me” (Philippians 4:13) or “I am a child of God” (John 1:12). These cards serve as a tangible reminder of God’s promises and their unique place in His plan.
- Blessings Journal: Initiate a blessings journal where your child can record daily affirmations of gratitude for God’s gifts and their own special qualities. Alongside affirmations like “I am loved by God,” they can jot down moments when they felt God’s presence or kindness from others. This practice nurtures a heart of thankfulness and faith.
- Family Affirmation Prayer Time: Bring your family together for a heartwarming affirmation and prayer time. Sit in a circle, and take turns sharing affirmations grounded in faith. Each family member can offer uplifting words to the person on their left, followed by a heartfelt prayer of gratitude for their unique gifts. This beautiful activity strengthens family bonds and deepens everyone’s sense of God’s love.
2. Praise Effort as a Reflection of God’s Work
Every effort your child makes is a testament to God’s work within them. Celebrate their diligence, highlighting that God values their hard work. Recognize their determination in both small and significant endeavors, emphasizing that God is with them in their pursuits, guiding their steps.
- Applaud their commitment to studying for a test, emphasizing that God blesses their dedication to learning.
- Celebrate their perseverance in learning a new skill, acknowledging that God grants them the strength to keep going.
- Acknowledge their kindness and helpfulness towards others, reminding them that God’s love shines through their actions.
3. Foster Independence Grounded in Faith
Independence, rooted in faith, empowers your child to make God-centered decisions. Encourage them to make age-appropriate choices, teaching them to seek God’s guidance in their decisions. This practice not only promotes personal responsibility but also strengthens their faith in God’s plan for their lives.
- Let them choose their own Bible story for bedtime reading, encouraging them to seek God’s wisdom in selecting the story.
- When it’s time for a snack, allow them to choose between two healthy options, emphasizing that God provides nourishment for our bodies.
- Involve them in planning a family service project, teaching them to seek God’s guidance in selecting a cause to support.
4. Encourage Problem-Solving with God’s Wisdom
Life’s challenges are opportunities to seek God’s wisdom. Teach your child to approach problems with faith and prayer. Encourage them to seek God’s guidance, believing that His wisdom can illuminate their path. This habit nurtures a profound faith in God’s presence and His wisdom in every situation.
- If they encounter a difficult problem, encourage them to pray for understanding and insight before seeking help.
- When faced with a disagreement with a friend, guide them to reflect on how Jesus would handle the situation, emphasizing the importance of seeking God’s guidance in resolving conflicts.
- If they’re unsure about a decision, teach them to ask God for wisdom and clarity, believing that He will provide the answers they need.
5. Embrace Failure as a Learning Experience in God’s Plan
Failure is not a dead-end; it’s a bend in the road of God’s greater plan. Teach your child that mistakes and setbacks are part of their journey of growth. When they stumble and fall, be there to offer God-centered guidance. Show them that God can transform their setbacks into stepping stones towards even greater achievements.
- If they don’t perform as well as expected in a project, discuss how God uses challenges to help us learn and grow.
- If they experience disappointment in a sports competition, share stories of biblical figures who faced adversity and emerged stronger through God’s grace.
- If they encounter difficulties in friendships, remind them that God’s love and guidance can help navigate and heal relationships.
6. Lead by Example with a Faithful Heart
As parents, you are the foremost role models for your children. Your faith-filled actions set a powerful example. Demonstrate how you face challenges with faith, grace, and trust in God’s plan. Share your personal experiences of relying on faith, and let your child witness how you navigate life’s twists and turns with unwavering faith.
- When facing a personal challenge, share with your child how prayer and faith have helped you find strength and clarity.
- If you encounter setbacks, openly discuss how you trust in God’s plan and His purpose for your life.
- Demonstrate acts of kindness and service, showing your child how your faith influences your actions towards others.
Nurturing Faith and Confidence Building
Nurturing faith and confidence in your child is a sacred journey. Confidence building about instilling a deep sense of trust in God’s plan while encouraging them to explore and grow in the world He has created. By incorporating these faith-filled habits into your family’s life and delving deeper into each one, you are laying a strong foundation of faith and confidence that will guide your child throughout their life’s journey. As you walk this path together, may your family be blessed with unwavering faith and abundant confidence in God’s love and grace.
For more homeschooling inspiration, tips and encouragement, make sure to follow KFH on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram and Twitter, and subscribe to our Newsletter for some FREE GOODIES!
Forest Rose is a God Loving, Blessed Wife, & Mama to 3 girls. She’s passionate about lifting moms out of the trenches that are discouraged, overwhelmed, or feeling alone or isolated. Her hope is to point them to Christ and equip them to rise up with a newfound hope and joy within, that He alone can provide. Besides blogging, she also loves to create printables!