With Easter just around the corner, it’s time to start thinking about fun and engaging activities for the whole family. And what better way to celebrate the holiday than with a printable activity that teaches kids about the Easter story? That’s where Resurrection Eggs Printable comes in – a popular activity that combines the excitement of Easter egg hunting with the true meaning behind the holiday.
If you’ve never heard of Easter Resurrection Eggs before, don’t worry – they’re easy to make and a lot of fun for both kids and adults. The basic idea is to fill plastic eggs with small items that represent different parts of the Easter story, such as a small piece of bread to represent the Last Supper, a nail to represent the crucifixion, and a small rock to represent the stone that was rolled away from Jesus’ tomb.
By hiding and finding these eggs, kids can learn about the events leading up to the resurrection of Jesus in a hands-on and interactive way. And with this printable activity, you can easily create your own set of Resurrection Eggs and start a fun and meaningful Easter tradition with your family.
To go with the Resurrection Eggs Printable you will need the following materials:
- A dozen plastic Easter eggs
- Cardstock or heavy paper
- Print eggs (cardstock printer paper is recommended)
- Cut out each egg.
- Place each paper egg in a plastic egg. You should have 12 eggs.
- Hide eggs for your kids to find and then read the Easter Story. (eBook included in printable)
The Resurrection Eggs Printable is a resource for families and churches to use during the Easter season. The guide contains 12 printable egg-shaped cards, each with a symbol representing a part of the Easter story.
Families can use the resurrection eggs printable and ebook to teach children about the events leading up to Jesus’ death and resurrection, and to help them understand the significance of this important holiday. The activity is designed to be interactive, allowing children to open each egg and discover the symbol. This resource can be a fun and engaging way for families to celebrate Easter together while also deepening their faith.
Each of the 12 eggs in the Resurrection Eggs Printable represents:
- Egg 1: Triumphal Entry (Jesus rides the donkey in)
- Egg 2: Silver Coins (Judas’ Betrayal)
- Egg 3: Last Supper (also represents communion)
- Egg 4: Jesus Prays in the Garden
- Egg 5: Soldiers Whip Jesus
- Egg 6: Rooster (Peter denied Jesus)
- Egg 7: Crown of Thorns
- Egg 8: Cross (Crucifixion)
- Egg 9: Spear (that pierced Jesus’ side)
- Egg 10: Linen Cloth (Jesus was wrapped in linen cloth and placed in the tomb)
- Egg 11: Stone (Rolled away from the tomb)
- Egg 12: Empty (Jesus’ Resurrection the angel tells them He is risen)
These Easter Resurrection eggs are printable and can be cut out and placed inside plastic eggs for an interactive storytelling experience. As your child opens each egg in sequence, you can guide them through the Easter story, from the Last Supper to the Resurrection.
Alternatively, you can print two sets of the eggs and use them as a matching game. This game not only helps reinforce your child’s understanding of the Easter story but also improves their memory skills and visual recognition abilities.
Plus, the black and white version allows your child to get creative and color each egg before using them. This adds a fun and personalized touch to their Easter experience and provides an opportunity for them to express their creativity.
These Printable Easter Resurrection Eggs are easy to prepare and a great way to help your child learn more about Easter in a fun and engaging way. They’re perfect for parents, teachers, and anyone who wants to share the true meaning of Easter with their loved ones.
You may also like:
- Christ-Centered Easter Crafts for Kids
- Christ-Centered Easter Books for Kids
- No Greater Love Handprint Craft
- Christ-Centered Easter Words Binder for Little Kids
- Countdown to the Resurrection
For more homeschooling inspiration, tips and encouragement, make sure to follow KFH on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram and Twitter, and subscribe to our Newsletter for some FREE GOODIES!
Forest Rose is a God Loving, Blessed Wife, & Mama to 3 girls. She’s passionate about lifting moms out of the trenches that are discouraged, overwhelmed, or feeling alone or isolated. Her hope is to point them to Christ and equip them to rise up with a newfound hope and joy within, that He alone can provide. Besides blogging, she also loves to create printables!