Make the Most of the Stay At Home Order with these 101 Activities to Do With Kids. Download the Free Printable Family Quarantine Bucket List!
Remember a few weeks ago when life was “normal”? We were all rushing back and forth to work, co-op, school, practices, activities every single day.
All the memories, days, weeks, years were FLYING by at light year speed.
Now, as of mid-March, life has suddenly come to a SCREECHING halt. With Social Distancing and having to Shelter in Place these last couple weeks in March seemed like 3 months (not a bad thing).
Why is that?
- This is our “New Normal”.
- We are told to social distance which forces us to slow down.
- Because we are mandated to stay at home with our families and only go out if we need to.
- There’s no choice but to stop rushing through life.
That’s why I’ve created this family quarantine bucket list
So we can make the best of this time. Embrace it. Enjoy it. Turn what was meant for evil into good.
Don’t misunderstand, this virus is awful. We are in an unprecedented spiritual/physical battle of a lifetime and I’m absolutely not trying to make light of what so many are suffering through.
As for those on the front lines and those directly affected we should be joining our faith together and lifting them up in prayer every single moment, sending our thanks and lending our support in any way we can.
But this is a (hopefully) once in a lifetime opportunity to STOP and PRAY more, PLAY more and be more INTENTIONAL in our relationships with God, our spouse and our kids.
Those are our three priority relationships – in that exact order.
Though we may not intend to let them fade to the back of the line, when busyness and life take over – we are forced to succumb to its pressure. That is all part of the enemies’ plan, to steal, kill and destroy marriage, as it was intended by God and the family unit as a whole.
What satan has woven for evil, God can surely reweave for good.
We are told to stay home, that is “our” part in all this. That is how we can flatten the curve.
But we also have a choice to how we respond to this “new normal” we can focus on the virus and watch Fox News all day or focus on faith and turn it on its head and spend your days enjoying this new unhurried pace.
I’m assuming since you are here reading this post you want to take advantage of this valuable time and enjoy your kids.
Here is a Family Quarantine Bucket List of Activities
- Have a Coloring Contest
- Send Handwritten Letters to Friends and Family
- Have a Family Netflix Binge Day
- Have a Disney Movie Marathon
- Enjoy a Bonfire
- Do a Puzzle Together
- Get Material and Make Masks for Healthcare Workers
- Do an Elderly Neighbors Yard Work
- Have a Picnic in Your Backyard
- Pitch a Tent in Your Backyard
- Read the Bible Together Everyday
- Start a Family Read-aloud Book
- Make a Birdfeeder and fill it
- Start a Garden
- Plant Some Flowers
- Sing Karaoke Together
- Have a Dance Party
- Put on a Family Play or Skit
- Clean Out Closets and Donate Toys, Clothes Etc.
- Make Homemade Bread
- Have a Poetry Teatime
- Have a PJ day
- Make Cards for all the Bdays Coming up
- Make Homemade Pizza Together
- Have a Indoor or Outside Photo Shoot
- Do Holy Communion as Often as Possible
- Light a Candle and Tell Stories
- Make Homemade Doughnuts
- Go Through Old Photos Together and Start an Album or Scrapbook
- Make a Prayer Calendar – On each day put the name of friends, family, the president, pastor etc. and pray together as a family for each person on their day
- Start a New Family Tradition
- Build a Fort Out of Blankets and Sleep in it
- Get Take-Out to Support a Local Business
- Have a Screen Free Day Together or Several
- Take a Hike Off the Beaten Path
- Use Operation World and pray for people in different countries each day to know Jesus
- Pray and seek God for what He would like you to do to be the hands and feet of Jesus in your community
- Donate Old Towels and Bedding to an Animal Shelter
- Watch a Favorite Movie from Your Childhood with Your Kids
- Build Something Together
- Work on Life Skills – Teach Your Kids to Knit, Sew, Cook, Change a Tire Etc.
- Camp Out in the Living Room
- Splash in Rain Puddles on a Rainy Day
- Create Sidewalk Art
- Paint Rocks
- Photograph Nature
- Watch the Birds
- Listen to a Kid-Friendly Podcast or Audio Drama
- Fly a Kite
- Play Hopscotch
- Make a Suncatcher
- Take a Cooking Class With Your Kids
- Make Playdough
- Have an Outdoor Tea Party
- Play Hide N Seek in the Dark
- Stuck Indoors Due to Weather? Inside Activities to Check Out
- Do an Indoor Scavenger Hunt
- Start a New Habit
- Play a family game of badminton, volleyball, basketball etc.
- Watch the Sunrise
- Watch the Sunset
- Teach Your Kids a New Card Game
- Learn Taekwondo Together on YouTube
- Follow Your Interests and Take an Online Course
- Start a Nature Journal
- Watch Interesting Educational Videos On YouTube
- Make Homemade Ice Cream
- Make Paper Airplanes and Have a Contest
- Encourage Gratitude and Thankfulness – Free Printable Thankfulness Journal
- Make a New Craft from My Arts and Crafts Board on Pinterest
- Make Jello Jigglers
- Go on a Bike Ride
- Play Balloon Volleyball
- Jump Rope
- Start Doing a Daily Family Workout
- Have a Facetime or Zoom Video Chat With Extended Family
- Write a Letter to Your Future Self
- Put Together a Time Capsule
- Take a Free Art Lesson Together
- Go on a Virtual Field Trip
- Look Ahead to the Future Start Planning Your Next Family Trip
- Do a Fun Science Experiment try this One Using Skittles
- Do a Fun Obstacle Course
- Pretend the Floor is Lava
- Play Charades or Pictionary
- Try out Some Just Dance YouTube Videos
- Try a 30 Minute Challenge
- Make a Train or Fort Out of Cardboard Boxes
- Have a Family Nerf Gun War
- Bead a Necklace or Bracelet
- Hide Something a Make a Treasure Map
- Play Frisbee
- Go for a Walk
- Make a Mini Town with Legos or Blocks
- Go on a Nature Hunt
- Have a Pillow Fight
- Thumb Wrestle
- Learn to Juggle
- Cloud Watch
- Play “Would You Rather”
Add a fun spin on it – put all these in an activity jar and draw a new activity each day for your family to do. Whatever you decide to do with your time, I hope you enjoy it. Stay healthy and safe.
>>Download my Free Printable Student Planner Pages<<
What are you doing to make the most of this time?
PIN IT FOR LATER >>
For more homeschooling inspiration, tips and encouragement, make sure to follow KFH on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram and Twitter, and subscribe to our Newsletter for some FREE GOODIES!
Forest Rose is a God Loving, Blessed Wife, & Relaxed, Eclectic Homeschooling Mama to 3 girls – 8, 11, & 12 in Fort Wayne, Indiana. She’s passionate about lifting moms out of the homeschooling trenches that are discouraged, overwhelmed or feeling alone or isolated. Her hope is to point them to Christ and equip them to rise up with a new found hope and joy within, that He alone can provide. Besides blogging, she also loves hanging out at her exclusive Facebook Group “Homeschooling 101 Community” that she started to help new homeschoolers thrive.