Things you’ll need for Fishing for Letters:
- large baby formula can or coffee can will work.
- baby jar lids (enough for each letter and/or number)
- stickers- blank or already with letters and/or numbers
- fishing pole (we found ours at the dollar store)
On each lid put a sticker with a letter, number or anything you would like to teach. I used all of the letters of the alphabet. Cut a slit in the top of the formula can so they can put them in after they are done. The can works well for the clink sound…They love that:) Next we take turns fishing. The fishing poles have magnets on them.
A few ways to play Fishing for Letters:
- Call out a letter and see if they can catch that fish.
- Call out a word and see if they catch the fish with the beginning or ending sound.
- Have them free fish and tell you about their catch- what is the letter, sound or even a word that begins or ends with that letter.
The girls really enjoyed this and I think it is important to keep learning fun and interesting for them. Thanks for stopping by! Love and Blessings!
For more homeschooling inspiration, tips and encouragement, make sure to follow KFH on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram and Twitter, and subscribe to our Newsletter for some FREE GOODIES!
Forest Rose is a God Loving, Blessed Wife, & Relaxed, Eclectic Homeschooling Mama to 3 girls – 8, 11, & 12 in Fort Wayne, Indiana. She’s passionate about lifting moms out of the homeschooling trenches that are discouraged, overwhelmed or feeling alone or isolated. Her hope is to point them to Christ and equip them to rise up with a new found hope and joy within, that He alone can provide. Besides blogging, she also loves hanging out at her exclusive Facebook Group “Homeschooling 101 Community” that she started to help new homeschoolers thrive.