Going Fishing for Letters is a super fun Letter Recognition Game for Preschool or Kindergarten age.
This is a great letter recognition game I put together and we have used it in many different ways.
Things you’ll need to Play this Letter Recognition Game:
- large baby formula can or coffee can will work.
- baby jar lids (enough for each letter and/or number)
- stickers- blank or already with letters and/or numbers
- fishing pole (we found ours at the dollar store)
On each lid put a sticker with a letter, number or anything you would like to teach. I used all the letters of the alphabet. Cut a slit in the top of the formula can so they can put them in after they are done. The can works well for the clink sound…They love that:) Next we take turns fishing. The fishing poles have magnets on them.
A few ways to play this Letter Recognition Game:
- Call out a letter and see if they can catch that fish.
- Call out a word and see if they catch the fish with the beginning or ending sound.
- Have them free fish and tell you about their catch- what is the letter, sound or even a word that begins or ends with that letter.
The girls really enjoyed this and I think it is important to keep learning fun and interesting for them.
You may also like:
Preschool Supplies We Recommend and Some Freebies to Grab!
- Plenty of Art supplies for preschool crafts and Art like glue, glue sticks, construction paper, water color paint, acrylic paint, washable markers, crayons, craft sticks, pom poms and more.
- This preschool Lessons activity book focuses on must-know readiness basics, and help little ones learn colors, shapes, the alphabet letters, primary phonics, and pre-writing skills.
- I taught my 2 youngest daughters to read with this Learning to Read Book and this method for my oldest daughter.
- Journey through the bible and explore God’s Word with your little ones. 28 weeks of lesson plans. God’s Little Explorers- Exploring God’s Word and World for Preschoolers Complete Version with Bonuses for only $20!!)
- Check out my Free Printable Word Family Tracers!
- Free Printable Simple Preschool Routine , Blank Routine Pages, Kindergarten Readiness Life and Academic Skills Lists.
For more homeschooling inspiration, tips and encouragement, make sure to follow KFH on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram and Twitter, and subscribe to our Newsletter for some FREE GOODIES!
Forest Rose is a God Loving, Blessed Wife, & Mama to 3 girls. She’s passionate about lifting moms out of the trenches that are discouraged, overwhelmed, or feeling alone or isolated. Her hope is to point them to Christ and equip them to rise up with a newfound hope and joy within, that He alone can provide. Besides blogging, she also loves to create printables!