School’s out for summer! So let’s party! Are you ready for a homeschooling party that you walk away from feeling refreshed and ready to start a new homeschooling journey or begin your next homeschool year revived and energized! Homeschooling 101 is THAT party!
Starting Homeschooling Can Be Overwhelming
Yep, I said it. Homeschooling gets hard. It gets messy. It gets stressful. Your kids will revolt from time to time. I don’t know about you but my kids tend to give mom the hardest time. They are perfect angels for anyone but me. So. Not. Fair. But that’s real life.
Yeah, I know your probably thinking, “Is this lady trying to make me turn and bolt for the hills?”No I’m totally not. Just being real. I’m telling you because I want you to be aware that there isn’t some kind of bliss that magically falls over your home as soon you decide to homeschool. Or that you will be gifted extra patience and will have it instantly figured out. Unfortunately that’s just not the case. (sad emoji) I wish it was but nope. Teaching your own children is going to challenge you. You may find the most Pinteresting idea out there, but when you try to implement it for your family it’s a big flop. But there’s hope…
Homeschooling has Perks
…On the flip side homeschooling will be the most rewarding thing you’ve ever done in your entire life. Yes, you will struggle. Yes you will fail. Yes you may often hide in the bathroom and cry for a day. But then…it happens…that moment when your kids are truly engaged, really learning and quite possibly even enjoying it. Those days are the reason I will never quit. Because just for ONE day like that I would do it all again.
Oh and we have some cool perks too like we can stay in our pajamas all day and we don’t necessarily have to get up at the crack of dawn, and we can homeschool for free if we want too! So that’s pretty awesome right!?
What is Homeschooling 101?
This party is a fun easy going group where homeschooling moms can learn everything they need or ever wanted to know about homeschooling, be encouraged and learn about what other moms are using and love all from the comfort of your home. You can even wear you jammies, I know I will. It’s where me and 20+ other homeschooling mom bloggers will be showing you the ropes, where to start, tips for homeschooling high school and everything in between. We will have a live Facebook event page where you can ask your questions, get advice and tips, and enter amazing giveaways. It’s going to be fantastic.
Why You Don’t Want to Miss Homeschooling 101
You may be feeling intimidated if you are just starting out. I’ve been there, I get it! I remember the frustration and concerns that lay heavily on my shoulders to be the sole educator for my children. Eek, It’s scary!
Or maybe you are coming out of a stressful homeschool year praying for ways to make your next year a more peaceful learning experience for the whole family.
Oh and because it’s going to be awesome! No really, we have teamed up with some fantastic companies and homeschool products like Apologia, CTCmath, Simply Charlotte Mason, Notebookingpages.com, Drive Thru History, Write With Sharon and more that are sponsoring our Homeschooling 101 Giveaway and some of them are even offering a coupon code ONLY for this event.
This Party is for You if…
- You are a new homeschool mom.
- You are feeling overwhelmed and confused within the bottomless sea of options for homeschooling.
- You already homeschool but need a refresher of curriculum options, methods & styles.
- You want some fantastic and free curriculum to add to your homeschool closet.
- You want to meet and chat with some amazing and inspiring homeschool bloggers, (I don’t want to name drop but) Marcy Crabtree from Ben and Me or Kristi Clover from Raising Clovers, my sweet friend Melanie Wilson from Psychowith6 to name a few.
Does that sound like you? You are in the right place, my friend.
You will walk away from this party feeling encouraged, blessed, informed, educated and hopefully with some shiny new free or discounted curriculum to stock up for your upcoming homeschool year. #winning
Homeschooling 101 Posts
Day #1 – Homeschooling Myth vs. Reality – 6 Common but Ludicrous Myths Debunked – (me) Forest Rose
Day #4 – A Homeschool Mom’s Guide to Learning Styles – (me) Forest Rose
Day #5 – 16 Simple Ways to Incorporate Music Education in Your Homeschool – Gena Mayo of MusicinOurhomeschool.com
Day #6 – Don’t Be Afraid of Choosing Homeschool Curriculum – You Can Do It! – Sabrina Justison of 7SistersHomeschool.com
Day #8 – Successful Homeschooling Begins with Character Training – Kathie Morrissey of The Character Corner
Day #11 – The Beginner’s Guide to Homeschooling Time Management – Melanie Wilson of PsychoWith6.com
Day #12 – 4 Secrets for Balancing Homeschooling and Working Full Time – Maritza of HomeschoolEpipheny.com
Day #16 – 4 Tips for Homeschooling a Child with a Chronic Illness – Tara Mitchell of Preschool Homeschool
Day #18 – Homeschooling Little Ones – Toddlers to Kindergarten – Angel Penn of AngelPenn.com
Day #19 – How to Create Homeschooling Lesson Plans – Plus Free Planning Tools – Lynda Ackert of CHSH-Teach.com
Day #20 – Homeschooling with a Routine Instead of a Schedule – MJ Sherwood of SoaringArrows.com
***Want to start a new blog and make an income from home? BlueHost is the company I'd recommend as the most affordable for web hosting. Their prices are SUPER LOW and include a FREE SSL Certificate. You can check them out here! Here is step-by-step for HOW TO START A BLOG!!
Day #22 – Homeschooling Online
Day #23 – Becoming a Homeschool Mom – Memoirs of a Work-O-Holic – Tera Kinzel
When and Where?
Right here! It will start Monday June 5th and go through July 7th. Also we have an Exclusive Facebook Group with live Q & A! There will be a new guest post from some of the most inspiring and amazing homeschool mom bloggers I know!
Homeschooling 101 Giveaways
- 1 Year of CTCMath ($118.80 value)
- Bundle- Laying Down the Rails + Laying Down the Rails for Children + the workshop DVD from Simply Charlotte Mason- ($89 value)
- Learn Math Fast -volumes 1 – 4 with the Geometry Kit and Big Bookmark ($175 value)
- Apologia Homeschool Planner Bundle by Debra Bell, Student planner, and Teen planner – ($67 value)
- The Ultimate Homeschool Organization eCourse by Kristi Clover ($59 value)
- Illuminating Literature: When Worlds Collide High School Curriculum Set by Writing With Sharon ($65 value)
- Schoolhouseteachers.com Membership – The Old Schoolhouse ($179 value)
- Drive Thru History – “The Gospels” ($89.95 value)
- LIFETIME Membership to Notebookingpages.com ($97 value)
- The Relaxed Mom Homeschool Planner and eCourse by Proverbial Homemaker ($25 value)
- All-Access Pass to the 2017 Online Homeschool Conference by Lisa Marie Fletcher – ($97 value)
- 5 Days to Your Best Homeschool Years eCourse by Ana Willis ($47 value)
- The Organized Homeschooler (Digital Copy) by Melanie Wilson ($10 value)
- The Ultimate Guide to Homeschooling by Debra Bell ($20 value)
- Different by Sally Clarkson donated by Melissa of SoaringArrows.com ($9.32 value)
- Teaching from Rest by Sarah Mackenzie by Melissa of Soaring Arrows ($12.30 value)
- R.E.A.D. Kindergarten Bundle from The Crafty Classroom ($40 value)
- 1 Year Membership to the CHSH-Teach.com Download Club ($29.99 value)
- Encourage My Tween’s Heart Printable Pack from LikeMindedMusings ($9.95 value)
- New Bee Homeschooler Boot Camp – Digital Download – TinasDynamicHomeschoolPlus.com ($29 value)
- The Adventurer’s Writing Bundle from New Millennium School Books – ($45 value)
- American Indian Legends Printable Pack – Little Log Cottage School
- My character Matters Bundle – The Multi-Taskin Mom ($25 value)
- Music Flash Card Game Bundle – Warm Hearts Publishing – ($4 value)
- Philosophy Adventure – Pre-Socratics from Homeschool School Adventure Co. ($39 value)
- Lifetime Membership to HomeschoolCopywork.com – ($75 value)
- Presidents Video-Based Unit Study – ParadisePraises.com ($27 value)
- 20th Century Music Appreciation Online Course from Music In Our Homeschool (value $99)
- Joyful Heart Spelling Skills Digital Curriculum – JoyfulHeartLearning.com (value $18)
- Holidays Online Unit Study – Techie Homeschool Mom (value $55)
- Concentration Essential Oils Kit – Rocky Mountain Oils – (value $69.96)
So will you join us? I sure hope to see you there!
For more homeschooling inspiration, tips and encouragement, make sure to follow KFH on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram and Twitter, and subscribe to our Newsletter for some FREE GOODIES!
Forest Rose is a God Loving, Blessed Wife, & Relaxed, Eclectic Homeschooling Mama to 3 girls – 11, 13, & 15 in Fort Wayne, Indiana. She’s passionate about lifting moms out of the homeschooling trenches that are discouraged, overwhelmed or feeling alone or isolated. Her hope is to point them to Christ and equip them to rise up with a new found hope and joy within, that He alone can provide. Besides blogging, she also loves hanging out at her exclusive Facebook Group “Homeschooling 101 Community” that she started to help new homeschoolers thrive.