We’ve all done it, started the day flying by the seat of our pants, playing catch up all day long. Wondering why it feels like we just ran a marathon and at the end of the day with nothing to show for it? To start your day off right, I have found these 5 surefire ways to get your day off to a great start.
1. Tidy Up Before Bed-First things first, never leave things the night before that could get done before you go to bed. i.e. dishes in the sink, laundry in the dryer, house not picked up. You will wake up the next morning all ready behind. It only takes a few minutes to tidy up, so do yourself a favor and give yourself a clean slate to work with in every morning. You can also lay out clothes for you and the kids, get your lesson plans, books and everything set up and ready to go.
2. Pray…Pray…Pray If you don’t do any of the other things this one will get you the farthest throughout your day, pray when you wake up, before your feet even hit the floor, before the kids get up. When you finally get out of bed you will have begun to put God’s plan for success in your life in motion if you put Him first.
3. Pray…Pray…Pray some more this one is so important I had to put it twice, because this is actually something I continue to do when I get up and around and throughout the whole day. Your day will be more peaceful and organized if you keep God in it all day long. Spend time in the Word, Journal & Pray.
4. Get Dressed! This one goes for me too:-) I have a hard time doing this because I love to be comfy, but what I have noticed is that if I shower and get fully dressed (no jammies) I get 10 times more accomplished than when I shower later in the day…weird I know but it truly is a game changer.
5. Exercise/Eat Breakfast– I know, I know, really? Yep! So important for body, mind and spirit to be exercised & fueled daily. When I first started adding a workout into my schedule it was tough, but when I found all the youtube workout videos and saw that I could do a quick workout or a few I loved it. I never got bored because I could do something new everyday! Now I go to the gym or do YouTube workouts when I can’t make it there. As for breakfast I have never been a breakfast person and still to this day it is a battle to force myself to eat in the mornings. Mostly I have a protein shake or something small, but you know what they say this is the most important meal of the day. You can’t have a successful day without starting it with some fuel.
1. Put a load of laundry in when you are making breakfast every day! This will keep the laundry battle to a minimum.
2. Clean as you go. Put stuff away when you are done with it, don’t put it off, just do it.
3. When you plan on going to another room to do something, make a quick scan around the room to see if anything else belongs there too.
Linked up at: Titus 2 Tuesday
Forest Rose is a God Loving, Blessed Wife, & Relaxed, Eclectic Homeschooling Mama to 3 girls – 8, 11, & 12 in Fort Wayne, Indiana. She’s passionate about lifting moms out of the homeschooling trenches that are discouraged, overwhelmed or feeling alone or isolated. Her hope is to point them to Christ and equip them to rise up with a new found hope and joy within, that He alone can provide. Besides blogging, she also loves hanging out at her exclusive Facebook Group “Homeschooling 101 Community” that she started to help new homeschoolers thrive.