Finding different and fun ways to do math is a must with my middle child, she is such a hands on learner! Chances are you probably have one of these in your family too! If you do I hope that this easy hands on addition activity will be of help!
Sometimes just crunching numbers in their little heads isn’t enough, while in my opinion it is important to use several techniques when teaching math, hands on is one of the best methods to get them learning fast.
Hands on Addition Activity
- Addition Flashcards
- Numbers (I used magnet numbers)
- Manipulatives -Optional (i.e. counting bears, tiny erasers, beads…anything they can use to add with)
Just simply lay the flashcards out into a row. And the number magnets in a line in order next to the flashcards so the numbers are easy to find. And that’s it.
I think the pictures do the explaining for me. It’s super easy set up and clean up!
Latest posts by Forest Rose (see all)
- Build Character with this Martin Luther King, Jr. Printable Copywork - January 15, 2018
- How to Teach Children the True Meaning of Christmas + 25 Days of Christmas Copywork - December 12, 2017
- 24 Days to a Christ-Centered Christmas Party & $600 PayPal Cash Giveaway - December 1, 2017