My girls absolutely love Legos! This Lego color sort preschool activity is a hit! We bought them their first set for Christmas and have been obsessed with them ever since. So I have been looking for creative ways to utilize them in learning. If you have followed my blog for anytime at all you would know that I love anything Montessori inspired or hands-on, really just anything fun!
This is super easy to set up and walk away until they have completed it. I love that for when I am working with the older girls one-on-one.
- Color Recognition
- Hand Eye Coordination
- Following Directions
- Fine Motor Skills
- Muffin Tin is what I used but you could also make an egg carton, ice cube tray or any little containers work as well.
- Legos of several different colors
Have them sort by color and that’s it…easy peasy!
- Write a color word and put it in the container
- have them count them out after adding them in
- have them stick them together & take them apart for extra fine motor practice
- make a pattern 2 pink 1 red 3 blue for following directions activity
There you have it, Lego color sort. Have fun
For more homeschooling inspiration, tips and encouragement, make sure to follow KFH on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram and Twitter, and subscribe to our Newsletter for some FREE GOODIES!
Forest Rose is a God Loving, Blessed Wife, & Mama to 3 girls. She’s passionate about lifting moms out of the trenches that are discouraged, overwhelmed, or feeling alone or isolated. Her hope is to point them to Christ and equip them to rise up with a newfound hope and joy within, that He alone can provide. Besides blogging, she also loves to create printables!