Get organized and stay on top of the chaos with these helpful mom hacks! These tips and tricks will help keep your home clean and clutter-free – no matter how busy life gets. From quick clean-up strategies to creative storage solutions, this article provides simple and easy ways to keep your home looking its best.
As a busy parent, it can be hard to keep your house clean with kids running around. But don’t worry – we’ve got some great mom hacks to help you make the most of your time and keep your home neat and tidy.
First and foremost, declutter to keep your home clean!
A cluttered home is harder to keep clean. Take a few minutes each day to pick up any toys, shoes, clothes, or other items that have been left out.
If you’re feeling overwhelmed by clutter in your home, don’t worry – there are plenty of ways to sort through the mess and get your life back in order. Here are three simple yet effective methods to help you declutter your home and make more space for the things that matter most.
- Start small. It can be overwhelming to think about tackling a big project like decluttering your entire home. Instead, start small. Begin by focusing on one room at a time and designating a specific space for each item. This will make it easier for you to keep track of what you own and make sure everything has a designated place.
- Get rid of what you don’t need. Many of us are guilty of holding onto items we no longer need or use. Take this opportunity to go through your possessions and get rid of anything you don’t need or have no use for. This could be anything from old clothes and sneakers to knick knacks that have been sitting around for years. Donate or throw away anything you don’t need.
- Organize your space. Once you’ve gone through your possessions and gotten rid of what you don’t need, it’s time to organize your space. This could mean investing in some storage solutions like shelves, bins, and boxes, or simply creating a designated spot for each item in your home. Organizing your space will help you keep track of all your belongings and make it easier to find what you need when you need it.
Decluttering your home can be a daunting task, but it doesn’t have to be. With these three methods, you can easily and efficiently get rid of the clutter and create a more organized and peaceful home.
If you have the time, plan a full day to do a deep declutter and make sure that you’re only keeping the items that you love and use.
Second, create a cleaning schedule that works for you.
Not everyone has the same cleaning routine that works for them, so think about your daily and weekly needs and create a schedule that fits your lifestyle. Doing this can make it easier to stay on top of household chores.
Creating a cleaning schedule can be a great way to stay on top of housework and keep your home clean and organized. Here are some tips to get you started:
- Prioritize your cleaning tasks: Make a list of the tasks that need to be done, and prioritize them according to how often they need to be done. This can help you plan out the most effective cleaning schedule.
- Set regular cleaning times: Figure out what times of day work best for you to do your cleaning tasks. Set a regular time each day and week to do the tasks that need to be done.
- Break up big tasks: Some tasks, such as deep cleaning, carpet cleaning can take a lot of time. Break these tasks up into smaller, manageable chunks, and spread them out over a few days or weeks. If you would rather call in the professionals call the best Las Vegas Carpet Cleaners!
- Schedule in breaks: Cleaning can be tiring, so it’s important to schedule in breaks. Give yourself time to rest and relax in between cleaning tasks.
- Reward yourself: Give yourself a reward for completing a cleaning task or for sticking to the schedule. This can help to motivate you to keep going.
Following these tips can help you create an effective and realistic cleaning schedule that works for you.
Third, don’t be afraid to ask for help with cleaning.
If you’re feeling overwhelmed, don’t be afraid to ask your partner, family, or friends for help. Even if it’s just having someone else do the dishes or vacuum while you take care of something else, having someone else help out can make a huge difference.
In asking for help, it’s important to communicate your feelings in a positive and non-confrontational way. Start by expressing appreciation for all the things your spouse does around the house, and then explain that you’re feeling stressed and need help. It’s important to be clear with your needs, but also understanding of your partner’s own responsibilities and schedule.
One way to make it easier to ask for help is to break down the housework into manageable chunks. If there’s a list of tasks that need to be done, try to divide them up between both of you so you can both take ownership of a few items. Additionally, it may help to create a chore chart or plan out a schedule, so you both know what needs to be done and when.
If your partner feels overwhelmed by all the housework, you can also try to come up with creative solutions together. For example, you could look into hiring a cleaner, or maybe you can both work together to come up with innovative ways to streamline your daily tasks.
Finally, remember that it’s not all about the housework. Make sure you take time for yourself and your relationship, too. Spend quality time together, have meaningful conversations, and make sure you’re both taking care of your own mental and physical health. When you make time for yourselves, it can help relieve some of the stress and create a stronger bond between you.
Fourth, make use of multitasking products to keep your home clean.
Look for products that can help you clean faster and more efficiently. For example, a microfiber cloth can be used to dust and clean surfaces quickly and easily, and a multi-surface cleaner can help you quickly clean multiple surfaces with one product.
Multitasking is simply put, to tackle multiple tasks at once, and there are many products out there that can make it easier. Here are some of the best products to help you multitask while cleaning:
- A robot vacuum: Robot vacuums are ideal for multitasking while cleaning because they can take care of vacuuming your floors for you, so you can focus on other tasks.
- A cordless vacuum: A cordless vacuum is great for multitasking because it allows you to easily move from one room to another without having to plug and unplug your vacuum.
- A steam mop: Steam mops are perfect for multitasking because they can help you clean and disinfect your floors at the same time, so you don’t have to switch between cleaning tools and you don’t need any chemicals.
- A handheld vacuum: Handheld vacuums are great for getting into tight spaces and hard-to-reach areas, so you can multitask while cleaning in those areas.
- An Air Purifier: Air purifiers do most of your dusting for you and dramatically upgrades the quality of your air! Use a large air purifier in the large area of your home and smaller air purifiers in the bedrooms.
By adding these products to your cleaning arsenal, you can make multitasking while cleaning much easier and more efficient.
Lastly, take advantage of technology.
There are a lot of apps and websites that can help make cleaning easier. For example, a grocery delivery app can save you time from having to go to the store, and a chore tracking app, like Ourhome.com (free) can help you make sure that everyone is helping out with household chores.
With these mom hacks, you can make sure that your home is clean and organized even with kids and a busy lifestyle. Just remember to stay organized, ask for help when needed, and take advantage of multitasking products and technology. Good luck!
For more homeschooling inspiration, tips and encouragement, make sure to follow KFH on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram and Twitter, and subscribe to our Newsletter for some FREE GOODIES!
Forest Rose is a God Loving, Blessed Wife, & Mama to 3 girls. She’s passionate about lifting moms out of the trenches that are discouraged, overwhelmed, or feeling alone or isolated. Her hope is to point them to Christ and equip them to rise up with a newfound hope and joy within, that He alone can provide. Besides blogging, she also loves to create printables!