Are you looking for the perfect online math program? If you know me, you probably know I’ve struggled to teach math, just as well as my kids have struggled to learn it.
Math concepts do not have to be boring, difficult, or intimidating and don’t necessarily have to take away from the joy of learning. With the right curriculum your kids and you can learn to love math again. You may even find that your kids are asking to do it out of the blue (gasp)!
I was compensated for my time & given a subscription to Teaching Textbooks 3.0 for my review. All thoughts and opinions are my own. See my full disclosure.
During the summer months I like to take that time to try out a few new types and styles of curriculum.
- 1 We test out new curriculum during the summer for eight reasons.
- 2 But what about summer break?
- 3 Introduction to Teaching Textbooks 3.0 and Online Math Program
- 4 Benefits of Switching to this Online Math Curriculum
- 5 Teaching Textbooks 3.0 Helps Homeschool Parents Teach Math
- 6 The Parent Dashboard
- 7 The Student Dashboard
- 8 Teaching Textbooks is Effective.
- 9 Teaching Textbooks 3.0 is affordable even for large families.
We test out new curriculum during the summer for eight reasons.
- To avoid the summer slide.
- My kids thrive on routine.
- Test the waters of new curriculum to see if they are a good fit without wasting time and money during the scheduled school year.
- Gets the ball rolling on choosing curriculum for the next school year.
- It gives struggling learners a chance to catch up.
- Fills gaps I never knew existed.
- I usually find something we absolutely love that I wouldn’t have known about otherwise.
- I can count those days as school days and take more breaks during the regular school season.
You may be thinking…
But what about summer break?
Girl, don’t you worry. We still take a break as we test out a few things a couple times a week. That’s all. I assure you, we are getting a break. Breaks are a top priority.
This summer we got to try out Teaching Textbooks 3.0! I had heard great things about it, but until now I never understood what all the hype was about.
Introduction to Teaching Textbooks 3.0 and Online Math Program
If you are familiar with Teaching Textbooks 2.0, Teaching Textbooks 3.0 is exactly the same academic material, lessons & instruction, it’s just upgraded to a completely online version which can be accessed through MAC, Windows and Chromebook. It will even work on tablets and phones with a flash enabled browser like Puffin.
However, if you love and thrive with the classic 2.0 version with the physical products (disks and books) that is still available.
Benefits of Switching to this Online Math Curriculum
- Kids can do lessons on the go.
- Lessons are not real long so your kids won’t feel bogged down and overwhelmed with long lessons and drawn out material.
- Fun, Interactive lessons to engage and motivate kids.
- Fills gaps you didn’t know existed.
- The lessons are easy to understand and follow.
- They grade your child for you and keep track of all progress.
- They use the “review method” which has review right in each lesson for mastery.
- No more boring textbooks and papers everywhere.
- You no longer have to teach math, you may have to assist once in a while but not very often.
- Your kids will become independent learners.
- Math confidence will go through the roof.
Teaching Textbooks 3.0 Helps Homeschool Parents Teach Math
Anyone else struggle with teaching math to your homeschoolers?
Teaching Textbooks 3.0 teaches for you! This online math program is designed to teach each math skill to your child.
Yep! If you struggle with this subject you no longer need to.
One thing I’ve learned along my homeschooling journey is that I can’t do it all and I don’t have to. I’ve given myself grace in the math department because it just became a fight everyday.
I struggled to get them to understand it and they struggled to want to understand it. Mathtime in our home had become a battleground every single day.
I even at one point tried to hand it off to my husband, but he found that he was having the same issues as me. He is really good at math and just gets it, but he couldn’t find a way to get them to understand it. We just managed to add yet more person to the ongoing battle.
So Teaching Textbooks 3.0 has been a Godsend. My girls can just log on and learn. Their math confidence has soared and the battle is finally over.
They are becoming more independent and rarely have any questions. This did concern me at first, but once I logged on and checked their gradebook I knew that this was life-changing.
The Parent Dashboard
They have a full parent dashboard! You can do the following there…
- View and print your child’s grades.
- View and print the student textbook and answer keys.
- The program offers hints built in for your child if they get stuck, you can adjust how you want those to work.
- The program offers second chances for the questions if you want, you can adjust that too.
- No more wasted money! They have a pause feature, so during summer or breaks you can hit pause for up to 3 months total.
- You can change you or your child’s password easily.
The Student Dashboard
The student dashboard is very simple for kids to understand and use, it doesn’t have a ton of options, just what they need! Your student will be able to…
- View all the online lessons and quizzes and complete them.
- View the ebook complete with lessons and practice questions, if your child like to read and processes information better this way they will love this feature. (The lessons can be printed from the parent dashboard.)
- View the Index which has all the math terms taught throughout their level. For example they can choose the letter M and it will give them all the math terms for that beginning letter from Meter to Multiplication with all the different skills below. They can then click on the page number and be taken to that lesson.
- Under settings they can choose their buddy, the buddy is a character that will give them hints and help them along the way. Some children are sensitive to sounds so they can toggle the sound for their buddy on and off.
- Also under settings they can pick from a variety of wallpaper to make their background look how they want.
- View the gradebook so they can keep track and be motivated by how they are doing.
Teaching Textbooks is Effective.
You’re probably asking, “but does it work?”
Yes! We have been using this program for a couple months now and it absolutely works. My daughters are a lot more confident in their math lessons and seldomly complain when they have to do them. Teaching Textbooks 3.0 has easy to understand lessons. Yep, they teach the math lesson, then have practice questions.
What I love most about it is that they use the review method of teaching. Which basically means that once a lesson is complete that isn’t the end of learning that particular math skill, it is revisited occasionally in other lessons to continue to build confidence with prior skills covered. Genius!
Teaching Textbooks 3.0 is affordable even for large families.
First off, if you are like me you probably want to try it out before you commit. I have been burnt way too many times by impulsively buying the next shiny curriculum only to find out it wasn’t a fit for my family. The awesome thing about Teaching Textbooks 3.0 is that they have a free trial. The best part about the free trial is that it is not for a specific amount of time.
The trial is for the first 15 lessons and includes the complete online math program for those those lessons. The trial will never expire, so you have it for however long it takes your child to complete those first 15 lessons. Awesome right!
I highly recommend you have your child go through the free placement test to make sure they are in the correct level.
Pricing is very affordable!
Teaching Textbooks 3.0 is subscription based, lasting 12 months per student, per course. Additionally, each subscription allows for 90 days of pause time! Yay, no more paying for something you aren’t using during downtime and breaks.
Okay so here’s the breakdown per level, TT 3.0 begins with Level 3 (about 3rd grade) and goes up to Algebra 2 and Pre-Calculus for your highschoolers!
- Math 3, Math 4 and Math 5 – Cost is $43.08 per student for 12 months (works out to only $3.59 a month)
- Math 6 and Math 7 – Cost is $55.08 per student for 12 Months (works out to only $4.59 per month)
- Pre-Algebra, Algebra 1, Geometry, Algebra 2 and Pre-Calculus – Cost is $67.08 (works out to only $5.59 per month)
Great news if you are a large family(4-8 students)! You get an even bigger discount!
If you have 4-8 students you can get a 12 month subscription for all of them for only $199.08 total! That’s $16.59 a month for ALL of your kiddos!
So in closing, if you want your kids to build math confidence in an interactive and engaging online math program and learn to love math again sign up for this free trial of Teaching Textbooks 3.0! I bet you and your kids are going to love it!
What are you using to teach math in your homeschool currently?
Next up > 7 Easy Steps to Choose Curriculum for Homeschool Minus the Overwhelm
Get 4 months free on all annual shared hosting plans at WP ENGINE, BUY NOW! Offer only valid on Startup, Professional and Growth plans.
For more homeschooling inspiration, tips and encouragement, make sure to follow KFH on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram and Twitter, and subscribe to our Newsletter for some FREE GOODIES!
Forest Rose is a God Loving, Blessed Wife, & Mama to 3 girls. She’s passionate about lifting moms out of the trenches that are discouraged, overwhelmed, or feeling alone or isolated. Her hope is to point them to Christ and equip them to rise up with a newfound hope and joy within, that He alone can provide. Besides blogging, she also loves to create printables!
Leave a Reply