Are you as horrible at teaching Science as I am? Looking for a way to get your kid’s excited about Science when you are not? I don’t know about you, but little to no Science happens in our homeschool! Ya, I know terrible huh! But there is hope, hope for all us non Sciencey parents.
Chemical Educational Foundation is offering 30 Free Science Lesson Plans!
A longtime educator favorite, the You Be The Chemist ® (YBTC) Activity Guides: Lesson Plans for Making Chemistry Fun are a must have for those looking for ways to effectively introduce important science concepts through hands-on activities and real-world connections. These valuable teachers’ aids are produced by CEF and include two booklets divided by grade levels; one for grades K–4, the other for grades 5–8. Download the YBTC Activity Guides for FREE! (expired)
Unfortunately, they no longer offer this freebie! Below are a few posts that might interest you though.
- 20 Free Science Websites that Make Science Fun
- Back to School Science Experiments
- Skittles Science Experiment
The Fourth Edition Activity Guides feature nearly 1,000 pages of lesson plans, science content, activity sheets, and study materials designed to provide enriching scientific engagement.
The Fourth Edition YBTC Activity Guides Include:
- 30+ lesson plans
- Curriculum connection to the framework for the Next Generation Science Standards within each lesson
- A cross-link between the concepts explored in each lesson with corresponding sections of the YBTC Challenge study materials
- Real-world applications highlighting to students how the concepts learned in each lesson relate to things they see and use every day
- Expanded content that includes more background information, modifications, and extensions for each lesson
- In-depth activity sheets and corresponding answer keys
- Electronic accessible online or via flash drives
Are you wondering how to revamp or improve what you’ve been doing in your day-to-day schooling. Do you want or NEED shorter days, a richer learning environment, or just more freedom to “school” without all the busywork? NotebookingPages.com for free and affordable resources that will unlock the love of learning in your child!
Besides this blog, she also hosts a Homeschooling 101 Community on Facebook. She's passionate about lifting moms out of the homeschooling trenches that are discouraged, overwhelmed or feeling alone or isolated. Her hope is to point them to Christ and equip them to rise up with a new found hope and joy within that He alone can provide.
Latest posts by Forest Rose (see all)
- When You Feel Like You are Failing as a Parent - September 12, 2017
- 3 Steps to Getting Your Kids to Help End Homeschool Clutter - September 5, 2017
- First Day of Homeschool Traditions and Printables - August 25, 2017